Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
At the EMC Data Protection Solutions (DPS) group, you’ll have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world’s information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best-of-breed combination of backup and archive products, including EMC Data Domain—the #1 deduplication storage system—and EMC Avamar— the #1 deduplication software and system. EMC has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery. IDC’s latest forecast shows EMC with 64% market share—3x over our nearest competitor. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the backup, recovery and archive market. If you’re looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence – the EMC DPS group is for you.
Provides high-level technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration. Makes technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management. Understands EMC and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. May assist in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required. Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign.
Applicable markets: Enterprise, Commercial, Partner, Specialist/Practice
- Develops and manages relationships with Customers (especially key technical stakeholders), Partners and EMC Internal resources. Has numerous good relationships within the assigned territory. Seen as Trusted Advisor by key people within the customer base. Builds relationships that have a preference for EMC. Develops allies.
- Able to plan part or all of a technical sales campaign and execute against that plan. Participates or leads RFP/Proposal preparation when required with strong matrix management approach. Using EMC resources well - Specialists, Management, CQC etc. Be able to build and execute a robust POC / Eval / Partner Development plan.
- Can listen and question in a consultative manner on Customer technical (and business) situation and issues and can identify key opportunities for EMC to impact. Able to identify "what's not being said", and determine competitive undercurrents and customer preferences
- Is constantly progressing towards ""technical close"" and identifying and agreeing logical next steps. Works well with customers and internal/partner resources. Able to get support for direction and plan. Good team player, including active sharing of best practices and coaching//supporting others
- Communicates well and can present ideas logically and with impact on EMC's Value, Solutions & Products
- Has an appropriate knowledge and understanding of EMC's Direction & Strategy, Value, Solutions and Products, Tools & Processes. Builds cost effective solutions / configs.
- Has a good understanding of key customers' business & associated industry trends in the assigned territory. Understands functions and information infrastructure implications of major applications being used in customers' environments and industry.
- Has solid IT technology foundation, covering technology areas such as Database and BI/DW, Virtualization, Networking, Security, Middleware, Architectures etc.
- Accountable for self-organization, deal by deal and Quarterly/Annual performance vs. goals. Takes responsibility for mistakes and corrects behavior. Gets tasks done on time and with quality.
- Takes responsibility for own self-development and makes progress. Proactively initiates activities to drive advantage and/or reduce competitive threats. Willingness to take on new assignments and learn new things. Passionate about EMC and making things happen
- 6 - 8 years of related experience.
- Cross-Functional skill.
- Results driven.
- Leadership Skills.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.