The Transfer Agency Transaction Processing and Cash Oversight Team Leader will be responsible for the day to day running of the Dublin Oversight Team with the objective to achieve overall high client satisfaction. The Team Leader within this Oversight role will be responsible for directing team resources to meets client requirements. Achieving this will require leadership, initiative, creativity, management skills including delegation and the ability to instill enthusiasm and commitment among team members.
Oversight and Client Service
- Provide strong Oversight and Support to the Global Transaction Processing Teams and Cash Teams to ensure trades are placed accurately and all client reporting is issued within the agreed SLDs and is fully accurate.
- Provide support to the Transaction Processing and Cash Teams globally for all special handling cases such as launches, liquidations, in-kinds, and mergers.
- Provide support to Transaction Processing and Cash Teams globally for periodical fund events such as dividends and crystallization.
- Provide support for all STP and Platform escalations.
- Ensure cash escalation items are reviewed and resolved as efficiently as possible.
- Support all local team members to ensure success of team
- Ensure all activity is carried out in accordance with the Funds’ prospectus and established procedures
- Chair weekly, monthly and ad-hoc meetings with peers globally within Transaction Processing and Cash.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this evidenced. Ensure procedures are reviewed regularly.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships across all functions of Transfer Agency globally to ensure the success of the department.
- Present to clients on a periodical basis as an SME of Transaction Processing and Cash functions.
- Review and reorganize functional tasks for maximum efficiency.
- Minimize overtime and to implement additional efficiencies as automation projects are completed
- Remain knowledgeable of changing industry initiatives and educate clients continually through presentations
2. Human Resource Management
- Conduct bi-annual performance appraisals and provide regular feedback based on goals for direct reports
- Participate in the interview and selection process for job applicants, assist new staff members in learning job specific tasks
- Organize and perform the cross-training of staff to ensure all team members have a strong understanding of all aspects of the Transaction Processing and Cash function.
- Work with Team Manager to address the training needs of the group
- Develop training plans for all staff members and ensure that mid to long term career plans are in place for all staff members
- Ensure succession planning and Team coverage is treated as a key function
3. Risk Management
- Ensure all procedures are kept up-to-date and follow internal Risk guidelines
- Identify any gaps in current process or improvements needed and remediate as necessary
- Identify and eliminate any unnecessary manual tasks, replace with automation
- Issue/Error Ownership – escalate, track and resolve issues. Identify preventative measures to prevent reoccurrence
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- BS/BA degree preferably in a business, finance, or accounting related concentration and/or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus
- Minimum of 6 years of Transfer Agency experience with 3 years of which must be in a similar function
- Prior experience working in a client servicing focused work environment
- Minimum of 2-3 years supervisory experience required.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Experience in planning, initiating and following through to meet objectives
- Ability to coordinate across departments/functions when needed to handle specific client requests
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement improvements to existing processes
- Attention to detail and proven ability to handle complexity
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate initiative
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to adapt to change and problem solving
- Proficiency with MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Access, Project, VBA for Excel or Access a plus (not required)
- Working knowledge of Multifonds is desirable but not essential
- Working knowledge of STP platforms such as Calastone, EMX, Fundsettle and Clearstream.
- Other requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training, physical or mental abilities required)
- Some (infrequent) travel may be required.