Position is responsible for managing and providing oversight of Record to Report processes, which include Data Management, General Ledger Accounting, Close Processes, Assets Accounting etc. The RTR Operations Manager leads and coordinates activities of team members engaged in these processes and subprocesses.The responsibilities include efficiently and effectively lead delivery of the function for Finance Function globally / regionally and the BUs with the scope, KPIs, SLAs, lead and motivate the teams, timely submissions of the reports, ensure continuous improvement of processes, and absorbing new work from BUs into operations in order to deliver high quality/low cost services to BUs. This position will be integral part of building the site’s Finance operations team, supporting and developing staff. This role will require an influence, a commitment to the change effort of shared service, and preferably be a native of the country they are operating in. This role will be highly collaborative with others across the globe in Finance and other functions to ensure key learning and best practices.
Other areas of responsibility include: leads and provides strategic planning and direction, onboarding new services as part of the FSS strategy work intake process, oversees decision-making, problem solving and employee relations issues, administers annual budget process, report analysis, career development, performance management, salary administration and communication.
This role will report to the Record to Report Function Lead in Finance Shared Services Nanjing, China
1. 40% Lead, motivate, hire, train, support, and develop accounting staff. Manage staff planning and performance management for the Record to Report teams. Develop capabilities to meet the changing needs of FSS and the Corporation. Assist supervisors in setting priorities.
2 20% Ensure new business activities/processes are executed efficiently and effectively with appropriate controls, training and documentation
3. 20% Oversee monthly, quarterly and year end accounting processes including full balance sheet reconciliations, direct and indirect tax compliance reporting, and corporate reporting requirements including FRP reporting, budgeting, recapitalization, fixed assets, expense analysis for leadership, and other accounting related inquiries. Ensure financial reporting is completed accurately and timely. Drive process changes to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
4. 10% Build and maintain relationships with BU partners. Participate in any special projects
5. 10% Execute COSO training and participate in internal Value Preservation reviews.
• Knowledge and familiarity with work performed in shared services as defined by the service catalog.
• Critical ability to deal with large level of ambiguity and large scale change.
• Ability to travel 10-30%
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Commerce or Masters in Commerce
• Chartered Accountant / Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with relevant experience may be considered
• Minimum of 8+ years of accounting experience in finance operation work with deep expertise in Record to Report and related Finance processes
• Minimum of 2 years of previous management experience
• Experience in performing shared service operations
• Proven ability to drive discipline and process orientation in a large complex organization
• Self-starter with strong analytical, problem solving skills and initiative to achieve desired outcomes.
• Strong prioritization skills handling multiple priorities.
• Has worked on Transformation and Process Improvement projects
• Managing large teams
Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
• High learning and people agility
• Demonstrated influence and leadership skills and ability to build and inspire high performing teams
• Proven ability to champion change
• Strong decision making skills
• Strong customer focus
• Managing large teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Risk and control identification and solution experience.
• Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
• Working knowledge on JDE, SAP and Cartesis preferred
• Strong work ethics, maturity and leadership qualites
• Resilience and Flexibilty
• Aptitude for understanding and solving problems
• Project Management
Ashley Xu Supervisor I BSV_BSO_M_2 - Business Service Operations Supervisor Jun 13, 2018 In the country of posted position