Java Production Support Engineer 2
Chennai, TAMIL NADU
- Requisition #: 177492
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Chennai, TAMIL NADU
- Other Locations: Chennai, TAMIL NA
- Team: Technology
- Pub Date: 3/16/18
Job Title – Production Support – Java-Engineer Level 2
- Providing the end to end L2 Production Support of our Java & J2EE based applications in the terms of Incident, Problem and Change & Release management activities.
- Monitor all alerts and coordinate with various teams and raise support ticket for all issues, analyze root cause and assist in efficient resolution.
- You will be participating in multi-disciplined teams that will lead the standards for different technologies.
- Providing the SOP (Standard Operational Procedure) to the L1 team to increase the first time resolution rate.
- Work closely with the L3 teams on the permanent fixes and enhancements.
- Work on automation to reduce the manual work to increase efficiency.
- Work with our team in USA for shift handover and other BAU activities.
- Willing to work on the shifts rotations between 7am IST and 11 pm IST including weekends and public holidays.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4 to 6 years of development experience in Java, JSP, J2EE and WebServices with IBM WebSphere / WebLogic or any other Application Server. In which 6 months to 1+ years of experience in production support.
- Experience in Oracle Apps/MS-SQL or any other database.
- Proficient in scripting languages (Shell/Bash).
- Experience in working with Linux especially SFTP, FTP and SSH.
- Good in trouble shooting the issues and problem solving skill.
- Should enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and strong verbal and written business communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge on DevOps tools like Nagios, Elasticsearch & Kibana, Jenkins, Ansible and etc is a plus. Willingness to learn and support the DevOps tools in our multi-disciplined applications.
- Exposure to the ITIL frame work to provide the productions support.
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- 4-6 years of professional experience.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Technology or Engineering or Science, (preferably in Computer Science) or other discipline with equivalent experience.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an Equal Opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.