Purpose of the Job
Reed Elsevier is a world leading provider of professional information solutions, operating in 3 core markets: Science & Medical, Legal, and Business-to-Business. Reed Elsevier is active in Europe, Latin America, the USA and Asia Pacific, which it considers its most important growth market.
Elsevier is a division of Reed Elsevier and a world leading provider of scientific, technical, and medical information serving more than 30 million scientists, students and health and information professionals worldwide and publishing more than 20,000 products and services globally. Electronic Publishing plays an important and growing role in the product mix and Elsevier offers a wide range of online solutions which complement the print products.
To work as an integral part of the Global Journals Customer Service & Fulfilment department by providing outstanding customer service to our internal and external customers.
The Customer Service Executive is responsible for:
• Providing efficient, timely, and accurate service to Elsevier stakeholders in creating/managing agreements and coordinating the invoicing of electronic and print products
• Working with regional departments and other stakeholders (sales, business Controllers & Print fulfillment Team, etc) to ensure that contractual obligations to/from customers are met and that the processes are followed according to the requirements
• Accurately and timely processing of multi-year agreements according the terms and conditions of the subscription agreement
Customer Service advisor will be responsible for:
- providing efficient, timely, and accurate service to Elsevier stakeholders in managing agreements and coordinating the invoicing of electronic products
- working with regional departments and other stakeholders (sales, business Controllers & Print fulfillment Team, etc) to ensure that contractual obligations to/from customers are met and that the processes are followed according to the requirements
- accurately and timely processing of multi-year agreements according the terms and conditions of the subscription agreement
Key Result Areas
• Maintain a Customer Service focus at all times
• Ensure all the assigned activities orders/agreements/emails requests are processed within the agreed TAT & quality and striving to exceed customer expectations wherever possible.
• Respond professionally to customer queries by phone/ and e-mail using the Best Practice guidelines.
•Take ownership of queries and proactively follow through to resolution, escalating issues, if appropriate, to the Sr. CSA/SME/TL.
•Adhering to Business/Process requirements as per SOP/Training Module.
• Report statistics/ productivity as required. Required
• Develop in-depth knowledge of their process/business
• Work effectively as part of a team to achieve individual, team and departmental objectives, sharing knowledge and skills as appropriate.
• Provide flexible support for team members and other teams. Demonstrate a positive and flexible approach to changing business priorities.
• Develop a network necessary to knowledgeably respond to customer enquiries, requests and claims ect.,.
• Identify and escalate recurring or consistent problems with system functionality, and process
• Contribute ideas to the improvement of Process
• Is able to effectively identify and analyze problems and propose solutions
• Actively seek opportunities for personal development including progression across the wider department.
• Be open in communication and react constructively to feedback to improve your performance
Key Competencies (Aligned with ECF)
Displays High Integrity and Honesty
Always follows rules and does what is expected.
Does what s/he says s/he will do.
Remembers commitments and promises.
Is honest and ethical in decision making.
Is trusted by others to do the right thing.
Is fair and honest in how s/he treats others.
Drives for results
Works hard to achieve objectives.
Stays focused on key commitments.
Looks to overcome obstacles or barriers to performing.
Works with others to achieve joint goals.
Technical and Professional Expertise
Develops and demonstrates core technical and professional skills required for own discipline.
Develops and applies understanding of business context (including products, processes, culture & values).
Develops and applies knowledge of the markets in which function operates.
Volunteers for new job responsibilities or projects.
Identifies areas within own role that could be improved.
Notices and acts on opportunities to contribute more without being asked.
Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
Is able to understand, analyze and resolve core issues within own role.
Works with others on solving complex problems and issues.
Collaboration and Teamwork
Develops cooperative working relationships within the team.
Considers how own style affects others and tailors interactions accordingly.
Looks for ways to develop mutually beneficial relationships across teams.
Practices Self Development
Is curious and keen to learn and develop new ideas, skills and knowledge.
Acts on feedback to improve him/herself.
Looks for developmental opportunities in daytoday work.
Invests time and energy in selfdevelopment (professional qualifications , relevant reading, networking meetings, etc.).
Functional and Technical Competencies
Functional Competencies :
Customer Service oriented
Good communication skills
Good analytical and reasoning skills
Fluent in English (both spoken and written) are essential
Demonstrated ability to work with order processing and/or accounting systems
A background in publishing or related electronic media is desirable
Competent in the use of Windows applications including the MS Office suite of programs.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences (and any other requirements)
Educated to Bachelor degree level
1 to 5 years of experience (preferably in Customer services)
Candidate should communicate good in English.