United States-Pittsburgh-Fairmont Pittsburgh
Chef de Partie
We are currently seeking a passionate and energetic Pastry Chef De Partie who is ready to step into a leadership role. The successful candidate will be capable of providing flawless culinary service, be passionate about food and cooking and have a keen eye for detail.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh’s business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Must be able to understand and adjust recipes according to business levels.
• Have working knowledge of properly storing, rotating and maintaining products.
• Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
• Able to run all aspects of the Pastry kitchen as the lead chef reporting to the Exec Sous Chef – Banquets and Chef de Cuisine for the restaurant.
• Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting any malfunctioning.
• Able to supervise service, checking each plate for quality and correcting any issues or mistakes
• Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
• Takes on all administrative duties such as scheduling, costing of menus, ordering, BEO review, and menu development.
• Highly motivated, able to work alone, give direction and inspire others
• Ability to train staff members on correct station set up, cooking techniques, cleaning routines and presentation of all dishes.
• Leads the pastry team with social and wedding desserts, including creation and development of specialty wedding cakes.
• Provides pastry support to the banquet departments for group events, tastings, and teams and also provides pastry support to the main restaurant, fl.2.
• Strong organizational skills, able to work with cooks maintain walk-ins and shared areas.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to communicate clearly.
• All tasks are completed with 100% attention to detail
Rotating / Shift Work
22.Mar.2018, 3:59:00 AM