Sr. Manager US Market Research, Oncology
The Sr. Manager, US Oncology Market Research, will be responsible for leading and supporting the market research needs of the US Oncology franchise. This position will report to the Head, Sanofi Genzyme Market Research, and provide direct support to the US Oncology commercial team, help launch cemiplimab (a new PD-1 inhibitor) and support several in-line products. This position will be based in Cambridge, MA.
The purpose of this position is to provide customer insights to the commercial teams through the execution and integration of market research and other data that will help drive key strategic and tactical decisions. This position will execute yearly market research plans clearly communicate research results and findings, and contribute to franchise planning.
This position will collaborate with the commercial teams, medical affairs, market access, and other key stakeholders to lead the development and execution of yearly market research plans. The position will ensure effective communication of actionable market insights to the expanded US Oncology team, and smooth coordination of efforts with other support functions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with commercial team to align on key priorities for the market research effort, re-evaluating and adjusting as needed. Ensure key strategic and tactical business questions are addressed.
- Work with other support functions as necessary to ensure efforts are coordinated to address business questions with all relevant information and support related strategic efforts (e.g., forecasting, performance reporting, competitive intelligence)..
- Define appropriate methodology for market research projects, consistent with business goals.
- Review and select recommend appropriate primary and secondary market research agencies consistent with procurement policies.
- Direct, develop and review all research materials (discussion guides and screeners, surveys etc.) to ensure validity of research. Provide input as necessary to marketing and agencies in development of materials for testing.
- Manage fielding to ensure proper execution. Attend field research as necessary to ensure quality and smooth execution, and develop direct knowledge of findings.
- Integrate findings from additional data sources (including other primary research, secondary data, syndicated reports, competitive intelligence, etc.) in interpreting results to provide proper context for findings.
- Develop and refine results presentations to address specific audiences and applications and clearly communicate findings to all relevant stakeholders. Translate findings to actionable recommendations.
- Provide significant brand planning assistance. Regularly contribute to setting commercial and brand strategy, making actionable recommendations grounded in insights from market research and business data.
- Manage projects within budgets, schedules and corporate, legal and regulatory requirements, and strictly adhere to relevant policies and SOPs
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience, including at least 3 years of primary market research experience
- Prior oncology market experience strongly preferred.
- Experience effectively collaborating within a matrix environment and with colleagues across functions and geographies.
- Results-oriented creative thinker who is viewed by clients as a collaborative strategic business partner with an ability to influence leaders 2+ levels above in organization
- Demonstrates ability to maintain objectivity and willingness to “take a stand.” Upholds high standards of ethical and intellectual integrity.
- Excellent communication skills with a well-developed ability to communicate efficiently and productively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple demands from multiple internal customers.
- Superior analytical skills with proficiency in a broad range of primary marketing research methodologies including qualitative and quantitative design, data analysis and statistics.
- Knowledge and experience with pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., prescription and sales data, patient claims data, promotional audits)
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life