United States-Pennsylvania-Wilkes Barre
No relocation assistance available
Position of Public Trust
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Senior Software Development Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Wilkes Barre, PA.
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Solutions team supporting the United States Postal Service on mission critical web applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Developing and maintaining Java applications.
• Design and develop software components for high visibility applications
• Communicating with project manager and development team members in various forms, such as excel sheets, word documents, etc.
• Communicating with team lead and team members on the details of the proposed design and progress on the work.
• Responsible for estimating effort based on requirements and adhering to estimates and timelines.
• Responsible for following project management and lifecycle development processes, procedures, and standards to meet extremely high quality assurance goals.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent with 12 or more years’ of directly related work experience
- Experience in application development on WebSphere built on Linux and backed by Oracle databases.
- Back-End: Java/J2EE; EJB; JPA; Struts 2/Spring/JAX-RS (or similar Java Web Framework); Oracle/SQL (or similar RDBMS); IBM WebSphere
- Experience with Linux/UnixScripting languages
- Experience with Responsive Web Design
- Consistently deliver readable, maintainable and efficient code.
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Must be able to obtain a USPS Sensitive clearance (Green card holder or US citizen)
- Must have lived with the US for the last 5 years
- Must not have travelled outside of the US for a combined period of 6 months (or longer) in the last 5 years
- Must live within 1 hour of Wilkes Barre, PA or willing to relocate within 60 days of starting the position
- Position is based in Wilkes Barre and does not provide relocation assistance
Preferred candidate will have the following:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.