Bumble and bumble
Creative / Design
Americas-US-NY-New York Bumble and Bumble - 415 West 13th Street
1st (Day) Shift
Bumble and bumble is a fast-growing, luxury hair care brand located in NYC. It started as an NYC salon and evolved into a multi-million dollar brand comprised of 2 salons, a product company that houses a strong in-house creative agency, a direct sales force, and a university for hairdressers and salon owners.
To this day, we are committed to cultivating creativity while remaining deeply and passionately dedicated to the transformational power of Hair.
This role is responsible for all strategic, conceptual and executional work in driving the global image for Bumble and bumble across all channels and platforms on a regional and global level. The position oversees a highly productive in-house creative team as well as creative interface with agency partners.
The Global Creative Director is responsible for aligning with Marketing and Product Development to ensure that the biggest commercial opportunities are identified and prioritized. Primarily this role revolves around the origination and creation of breakthrough assets that drive consumer excitement in a compelling and locally relevant way.
The role directly oversees: 360 Content Development (Print, Digital and Social), Editorial, Packaging Design, Retail Design inclusive of Store/Salon Design, Visual Merchandising and Creative Operations. Responsible for 6 direct reports (5 Directors and 1 Assistant) and a team of 20 employees (including full-time and consultants), as well as indirectly for the UK/European creative team (currently 3 employees).
• As the Global Creative Lead for the company, provides creative guidance and direction, in accordance with the brand positioning, for all markets
• Partners with the respective leadership team members inclusive of consumer engagement, product marketing, sales and communications to drive creation against biggest commercial opportunities; continuously assesses effectiveness and impact of creative activities through quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Responsible for delivering guidelines and leadership to regional Creative team that results in speed to market of locally relevant creative assets that consistently align to global vision
• Responsible for creating and executing a cohesive consumer centric, 360 story and image
• Drives creative strategy and execution with a digital first mind set, creating a holistic digital story that can be dispersed into various mediums and translated across all consumer touch points
• Leads and develops creative team and organization design while continuing to upskill function
• Ensures that creative resources are in place to carry out the business plan including recruiting, photographers and outside partnerships
• Maintains a high level of quality in both design and merchandising for free-standing stores, including our 2 salons in NYC and the MAC x Bb. Makeup and Hair Studio, as well as the House of Bumble
• Drives efficiency across creative department; functional owner of KPIs
• Serves as an active, engaged member of the leadership team (Bb.LT) contributing to the strategic direction and implementation of the company
• Acts as a true brand advocate and protector of the company values and history, whilst always continuing to evolve and stay creatively ahead
• Manage department budget
• Lead, develop and inspire your team
• Continuously elevate the bar for disruptive, breakthrough creative that tells the brand story
• Strive for excellence and attention to detail from initiation through to completion in all areas
• Share goals and lead your team by example in relation to the company’s strategic plans
• Be an active learner, attend Bb.U/ELC courses and events to develop a deep understanding of our customers
• 15+ years in a highly productive creative studio environment
• Highly developed design sense
• Storyteller and detail orientated individual
• Strong business sense, with an understanding of how to leverage creative to drive business
• Inspirational team leader
• Track record of success in a digitally-driven creative environment
• Passion for fashion, design, hair and beauty
• Aware of latest trends in the creative, social and retail arenas
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong project management experience
• Experience working in an international capacity
• Excellent type/design skills
• Conceptual design skills
• A strategic/creative thinker
• Experienced MAC user and possesses an excellent knowledge of design software – including In-Design, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Possesses an open attitude and collaborative style, able to work easily across functional barriers and geographic borders
• BA and MA in Graphic Design or fine art from a reputable design/art school
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.