Munchery is a whole new way to eat. Founded in 2011 by Tri Tran and Conrad Chu as a better way to feed their families (they just couldn’t face greasy take-out yet again), Munchery cooks and delivers chef prepared meals throughout the Bay Area, Seattle, New York, and Los Angeles. Our website, apps, and behind-the-scenes tech make it all possible, but we know it’s the food that comes first for our customers. We’re a mix of food-loving techies and tech-loving foodies who believe everyone deserves real food, so we work hard to make eating well as easy as possible.
What You’ll Do
As a Plating Team Member, you are responsible for basic food production, kitchen organization, and maintaining professional kitchen etiquette. We are looking for part-time and full-time employees to work at our South San Francisco facility, located 10-15 minutes walking distance from the San Bruno BART station.
- Check-in every day with Plating Lead to receive specifications regarding that day’s production schedule.
- Work in a chilled environment.
- Assist with preparing plating table including retrieving necessary packaging products and food components from various areas of the kitchen.
- Adhere to plating guidelines regarding portion size, ensuring that use of the correct tool to portion out food.
- Utilize tools such as conveyor belt or depositor to meet plating specifications and increase efficiency.
- Help ensure that each plated meal is an exact replica of the example presentation.
- Responsible for assigned piece of each plate, ensuring that portion sizes and presentation meet specification of the example.
- Communicate regularly with team members around quality and timing.
- Responsible for holding team members accountable to presentation specifics and assisting where needed, when able.
- Accurately and efficiently place labeled sleeve on packaging once plating is complete.
- Quickly take instructions from Plating Leads and apply changes immediately.
- Regularly assess processes for ways to improve and provide feedback directly to Plating Lead.
- Communicate issues or concerns about team dynamics to Plating Lead and Plating Coordinator.
What You’ll Bring
- Stable and progressive career history (one or more years) working in a demanding warehouse environment.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Comfortable in a busy kitchen environment, exposed to cold temperatures (36-40 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Ability to be efficient and timely with repetitive tasks, while maintaining a high level of quality.
- A strong sense of teamwork
- California Food Handler’s Card
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (41 degrees).
- Must be able to use a digital scale, and understand gram weights
- Must be meticulous and consistent in their work
- Must be able to read recipes in English
- Must be able to work Sundays
What Would be Great
- ServSafe certification.
- Experience working in a demanding cold production or warehouse environment
- Experience working in the food industry
- Bilingual English and Spanish