When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific (Life Sciences Group) currently has a vacancy for an experienced Genetic Analysis Specialist - Turkey to drive sales and growth of the business
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast paced global Life Sciences organization, at what is an exciting time in the growth of Life Sciences Group / Thermo Fisher.
Position: Genetic Analysis (GA) Specialist – Turkey
Territorial focus for the role: Turkey
Preferred home location: Istanbul
Fluent English and Turkish speaking language skills are required for this role.
- Responsible for the sale of the GA product portfolio (Instruments and associated Consumables) through Distributor partners in the stated geographic territory in a manner that positively reflects the Company image.
- Achieve sales targets, both quarterly and annually.
- Provide the company with relevant market information for the development of strategies on products.
- Impact directly upon the sales of products now and the future.
- Competes for all existing, and develops new, sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed plan.
- Works directly with customers in region to define opportunities for growth of the GA portfolio. Develops growth strategies in partnership with the Distributor and supports the Distributor to exploit those opportunities.
- Ensures that all necessary resources needed are used efficiently and effectively in order to close sales in favour of the Company.
- Maintains and develops customer relationships on the short and long term. Focus on the strategic development of key customer relationships by implementing and updating Account Planning (across-functions).
- Has accountability and responsibility for developing and driving the broad actions in the strategic GA focus areas e.g. oncology, targeted sequencing, NIPT etc.
- Gathers analyses and delivers information from the field to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriate to the market. Information includes forecasting and lost order reporting as well as competitive information.
- Focuses on key accounts and key opinion leaders to drive innovation and the latest GA technology solutions into the market
- In conjunction with the distributors, organises and delivers seminars within the region to showcase the LSG GA/CSD portfolio
- Participates actively in local networks of service, support, customer services, marketing and finance to maximize area performance.
- Update and maintain the CRM (Siebel) tool to ensure full transparency of customer information across the organisation.
- Work closely with the Distributor Manager and other stakeholders to drive incremental business.
- High level of proficiency in technical selling skills and product knowledge within GA portfolio.
- Excellent professional selling, negotiation and communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with LSG colleagues and distributors at all levels.
- Willing to travel in the assigned territory and occasionally in Europe or in USA.
- Full valid driver licence desirable.
- Will hold an academic degree (BSc/B.Tech) or has equivalent level of experience in Life Sciences. A PhD is considered desirable.
- Broad experience (3-5 years) in sales/technical sales function, and proven track record in GA or closely related business.
- Research/Bench experience in the field of Genomics will be desirable
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
For more information, please visit: www.thermofisher.com