OVERVIEW OF VULCAN MATERIALS COMPANY
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation’s largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We run our business with great discipline and integrity.
At Vulcan, our people share a competitive drive for excellence, in an environment of trust, teamwork, positive reinforcement, open-mindedness and communication.
Ours is a culture of mutual respect, integrity and committed spirit. Opportunity, community and unity is our way of doing business. We call it The Vulcan Way.
Primary duties include:
• Cleaning, washing, sweeping and shoveling material.
• Operating skid-steer or similar type clean up loader.
• Perform safety and operational inspections. Perform and inspect for preventative plant maintenance.
• Other duties may include, operating mobile equipment, operating fixed plant equipment, assisting with various tasks throughout the facility.
Perform duties safely, responsibly and proficiently observing all safety and health rules.
Clean plant area by shoveling or washing spilled material from under conveyors, tail pulleys and structures; removing debris from stairs, catwalks, platforms, tunnels, etc. , washing concrete pads; sweeping control houses, etc.
Performs inspections of assigned area and documents safety concerns and mechanical defects
Unloads and cleans rail cars and/or barges as required.
Maintain grounds by mowing grass, pick up litter, etc.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma/GED or an equivalent combination of training and work experience.
· Entry level to intermediate experience operating heavy off road mobile equipment
· Will work outdoors and exposed to varying and/or extreme weather conditions (i.e., heat, wet, cold, etc)
· May work in high and/or precarious places or cramped work space that requires getting into awkward positions.
· Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl, or pull, push, as well as, bend and lift 45 pounds
· Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.
GM - GA
Mar 12, 2018, 2:46:24 PM