Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
- VArchitect provides technical and enterprise architecture expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. They are required to work with customer across organizational and computing "silos" to drive common approaches and expose information assets and processes across the enterprise.
- They gather requirements, perform analysis, and design fully integrated technology solutions that help company transform their IT infrastructure to Converge Infrastructure strategy that align to customer business goals. Technical emphasis is on converged infrastructure platforms including virtualization, compute, network, storage, management, orchestration, and application requirements.
- vArchitects are required to make technical and sales presentations to customer’s business decision makers and technical staff with assistance and leadership from the vAM (vAccount Manager).
- They must have strong understanding private cloud and business applications within the enterprise customer market. Knowledge of ITIL and Service Management, along with Orchestration is preferred. Applications and knowledge of their effect on IT are highly desired. They assist the vAM in sales campaigns by developing technical responses to customer requests and proposals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish relationship with customer to develop current IT states, building road map for virtualized architecture and sharing the future architecture blue print to align with customer business goals.
- Define solutions with CPSD sales team to support customer business requirements and future strategies
- Leverage knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to CPSD solutions, and train the account and partner teams
- Establish relationships with the CPSD parent account teams, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engage and leverage corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate
- Executes technical sales calls
- Configures and documents CPSD software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives
- Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed CPSD solution and business case to customers, prospects and CPSD management
The role may have one or more of the additional sets of "specialty" responsibilities as required by the hiring manager:
- Oracle General understanding of Oracle Database (multiple versions), RAC, Middleware and Oracle Applications.
- Microsoft Exchange General knowledge/experience of Microsoft Windows and Exchange consolidations & migrations, messaging industry trends and competitive offerings.
- SAP Understanding of SAP applications, SAP NetWeaver, BASIS administration, and SAP infrastructure (database, operations) support.
- SQL & SharePoint General knowledge/experience of Microsoft Windows and SQL Server + SharePoint consolidations & migrations, messaging industry trends and competitive offerings.
Understanding of virtual desktop solutions including VMware View, Citrix Zen Desktop, and competitive offerings.
Understanding of Backup and DR solutions including EMC’s Data Domain and Avamar products, VMware’s Site Recovery Manager, EMC Recover Point, VPLEX, and SRDF solutions.
Technical knowledge of multiple server architectures, distributed systems and platform operating systems. Deep knowledge of the VMware product portfolio, Microsoft Hyper-V , and Citrix virtualization architectures. Experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting multi-terabyte information infrastructure for ESX server deployment and migration of conventional systems into virtualization.
- Converged Networking
Knowledge of networking media and protocols. Knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, Fibre Channel, ATM, FCoE architecture. Knowledge of CIFS and NFS storage protocols.
- Analysis & Design
Ability to characterize specific workloads in order to optimize converged infrastructure. Experience in data modeling and infrastructure sizing. Experience with data architecting, data migration, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis for virtualization.
- Presentation Skills/ Executive Sales Acumen
Ability to effectively communicate and articulate the value proposition to CXO audience and decision makers. Ability to drive an effective technical sales campaign by understanding business drivers, technical requirements, customer needs and competitive landscape.
- Consultative approach
- Enterprise Architecture skill
- Technical account management
- Converged infrastructure
- Virtualization, Storage and Server technologies
- High level business case development
- IT strategy, vision and goals
- Adaptable and flexible
- Time management skills