• Expertise on common UI/backend design patterns
• Excellent communication skills; verbal as well as written.
• Prior experience in working with cross geographical teams a must have.
• Liaison with the architects to map real world requirements to software requirements.
• Bring strategic ability and thinking to the group to reach technical goals.
• Is able to complete highly technical assignments and solve complex problems using knowledge, creativity, and company practices and priorities.
• Mentor less experienced developers in advanced concepts. Review, designs, and implement plans to develop team members and code and takes necessary corrective actions if needed.
• Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Strong UML, Design patterns, OOPS, Distributed and parallel processing knowledge along with strong programming fundamentals.
• Exposure to and implemented architectural patterns
• Excellent designing and documentation (e.g. Writing Design, Engineering specs, etc.) skills with UML
• Expertise on open source stack , Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Eclipse, etc
• Expertise on database technologies like MySQL, MariaDB or ElasticSearch
• Experience with broad spectrum of Web 2.0 technologies, principles of UI design, cross-browser optimization/enhancement, and Web Services APIs (REST/SOAP)
• Experience with agile development methodologies such as Scrum
• Experience working with Big data and analytics a definite plus using Casandra, SQL Server, Oracle and Hadoop infrastructure for analytics.
* Expertise in building application framework and elastic scale cloud hosted platform/product will be added advantage.
BE computers or MCA or MCS
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.