Symantec Corporation is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Organizations across the world look to Symantec for strategic, integrated solutions to defend against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, cloud and infrastructure. Likewise, a global community of more than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton suite of products for protection at home and across all of their devices. Symantec operates one of the world’s largest civilian cyber intelligence networks, allowing it to see and protect against the most advanced threats.
For additional information, please visit http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs
The IT Service Management group delivers business value and agility across Symantec through world-class delivery of state of the art IT services and technologies. We are currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference.
Role: Principal IT infrastructure Specialist/ ServiceNow Developer
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in ServiceNow including development, configuration, integration, implementation and administration
- Develop and customize ServiceNow – from collecting requirements, writing implementation plans, to coding and execution of those plans
- Utilize scripting tools and ServiceNow functionality to automate tasks being done in ServiceNow
- Use of the MID server, web services (SOAP and REST), email and other relevant technology to integrate 3rd party systems with ServiceNow
- Perform integrations and process automations using ServiceNow Orchestration
- Load, transform and maintain data between ServiceNow and other systems
- Analyze user requirements and current procedures in order to improve system capabilities, automate process workflows
- Manage production and non-production (Dev, QA, UAT) ServiceNow instances
- Deploy update sets to production following defined change control processes
- Deliver fixes and enhancement to existing ServiceNow workflows
- Support updates, respond to Service Requests and provide incident resolution
- Recognize and report issues before they adversely impact the project schedule
- Develop test cases for functional ,regression testing, UAT testing, resolution of reported defects and perform integration testing with sample and live data
- Generate operational reports and KPI analysis as needed
- Possess a rich understanding in ITIL / ITSM / ITOM
- Possess strong understanding of API use
- Responsible for platform administrative support of the platform (ie you are required to work on tickets including but not limited to Incident, problem, change and request tickets)
- Responsible for ServiceNow platform for BAU (Business As Usual) and any new initiatives
- Administer Agile/Scrum/SDLC module in ServiceNow for the development of ServiceNow
- Work with other ServiceNow stakeholders to ensure alignment of requirements
- Develop performance analytics reports in ServiceNow
- Create and maintain API and data integration processes between ServiceNow and other services
- Support ServiceExchange platform with rotational on-call expectations
- Ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together, across multiple geographic locations and facilitate productive discussions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Demonstrates capability to get results in a complex, often ambiguous environment
- Ability to build trust and credibility at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical /Electronic Engineering desired, or equivalent education and/or related work experience.
- 4+ years’ experience with ServiceNow required
- Certified ServiceNow Application Developer and System Administrator required
- Deep understanding of ITIL frameworks and processes including but limited to Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Release Management and Request Fulfillment
- MID Server management experience required
- Knowledge of LDAP/Active Directory.
- Experience with HTML coding required
- 3+ years’ experience with Java Script required
- Knowledge of Jelly script strongly preferred.
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
- CMDB Implementation experience preferred
- ServiceNow Discovery implementation experience preferred
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist preferred
- Experienced working within an Agile/Scrum environment
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of data integration technologies and processes and Solid knowledge of testing tools and techniques
- Knowledge of secure coding standards and best practices
- Must take initiative, be a decisive decision-maker and show confidence in decisions made and be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Demonstrated ability to understand business objectives and requirements and convert them into solution designs.
- Synthesize multiple inputs on alternate solutions and make optimal choices
- Self-started and makes decisions independently
- Work with distributed teams across time zones
- Excellent interpersonal skills- Ability to interact with all levels of the company with patience, courtesy, diplomacy, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders through written documentation
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.