At Ooyala we help our customers - some of the largest operators, broadcasters, media companies and brands in the world - connect viewers with their interests, audiences with relevant advertising, analytic insights to business strategies, and ultimately, video with revenue. Ooyala captures billions of analytics events each day, reaches hundreds of millions of unique monthly viewers in almost every country in the world and serves billions of video ads each month.
As a result of our plans to expand our software engineering team in our development center in Chennai, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer help develop our media logistics platform.
As a member of the software engineering team in Chennai, you will participate in the development of services and components for our media logistics platform that enables broadcasters and operators worldwide to efficiently manage the complete lifecycle of large quantities of digital media assets through the provision of powerful asset management, metadata management, and workflow capabilities.
Video broadcast is changing rapidly with cloud computing technologies becoming more prevalent across the whole supply chain from creation through to consumption. This is your opportunity to be a part of a strong technology team that is building a platform used by broadcasters and operators across the globe, bringing content to millions of viewers every day.
- We get things done by empowering individuals and teams, we encourage open communication and collaboration across teams.
- We love automation and self service, we like to ‘work smart’.
- We use agile workflows such as Scrum and Kanban depending on what the team is most comfortable with.
- We have a “you build it, you run it” culture where enterprise level availability is a must.
- We like to work with great engineers who are skillful but always open to learning new things, and who value working in a team to achieve a common goal.
- We work with some of the most cutting edge technologies and software delivery techniques and we are committed to keeping our technology stack up to date.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits.
A part of a team of software engineers in Chennai you will participate in the development and delivery of services and components for Ooyala’s Media Logistics & Platform. Your daily tasks will include:
- Work with the technical lead and other members of your team to deliver new features, enhancements, bug fixes for services and components that are owned by your team.
- Working within an agile framework you will be responsible for the delivery of code, unit tests, acceptance tests and documentation.
- Participate in backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and sprint demos.
- Assist the technical lead in software design, proof of concept activity and other R&D activities.
- As a subject matter and technical expert, you will support the operations teams to ensure that service provision meets strict SLAs.
- You have a degree in an engineering discipline preferably Computer Science, or Software/Informations Systems Engineering.
- You have a passion for software development and technology and want to deliver highly available solutions that have an impact on end users across the globe.
- You have a high level of competence with Java (Java 7/8) and are knowledgeable of common Java libraries, concurrency and threading, and design patterns.
- You should have hands-on experience in development with Node.js and its architecture.
- You have experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and familiar with NoSQL datastores such as MongoDB, ArangoDB, Cassandra, and Redis.
- You have experience working in an agile framework, you understand TDD, build automation, and continuous delivery using tools like JUnit, Cucumber, Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of core development tools such as Maven, Jira, SVN, Git, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA.
- You're familiar with REST APIs and the concepts of RESTful architecture, you are also familiar with asynchronous messaging using JMS brokers or AMQP messaging systems such as RabbitMQ.
- You are familiar with container based delivery using Docker.
- Ideally you have a passion for media technology and digital video delivery. You want to be a part of the revolution that is taking place in redefining how video content is produced, managed, and delivered to consumers.
A global subsidiary of Telstra, Ooyala's comprehensive suite of offerings span the full life cycle of video, from script to screen. Our product offerings include a media logistics platform used by studios and broadcasters to streamline production workflow and video asset management, one of the world's largest premium video delivery platforms. Built with superior analytics capabilities and a strong commitment to customer success, Ooyala's industry-leading solutions help our customers build more engaged and more profitable audiences.
Some of the most successful and innovative media companies and content rights holders in the world— Sky Sports, WTA, PGA Tour, MGM, RTL Germany, Accuweather and Singapore’s Mediacorp—rely on Ooyala.