At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Field HR Assistant position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Field HR team, including recruiting-related activities, general administrative tasks, and preparation of correspondence and memos as needed. Oversees administration of Operations referral bonus program and interfaces with various levels of Operations management to assist them with HR needs.
• Provides support for the Field HR team, including posting jobs, conducting background checks and exit interviews, scheduling interviews, logging in associate relations claims, and handling supply orders and invoices to ensure smooth Field HR processes.
• Oversees administration of Operations referral bonus program, reviewing requests, determining eligibility, gaining approval, and sending out the bonus check.
• Interfaces with various levels of Operations management to assist them with HR needs, such as job posting, candidate sourcing, recruiting materials, and background checks and training for associates. Responds to basic questions from Operations.
• Generates correspondence memos and presentations to support HR Field associates; drafts memos related to new and existing HR initiatives (e.g., My Voice Matters) for HR Field management to distribute to Operations associates.
• Performs general administrative tasks such as copying, faxing, collating, and filing documents, ordering office supplies, processing invoices, and generating standard weekly/monthly HR reports. Maintains the Field HR contact list.
• Supports Field HR on special projects such as implementation of the new referral program, My Voice Matters, and recruiting initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Minimum one year of administrative or customer service experience required
• Successful completion of annual store training
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Communication, listening, and assessment skills
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Time management, organization, and prioritization skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and follow up on details
• Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda’s Mission, Values, and Culture
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.