Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be
part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more
connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by
helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights
they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work
environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited
growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive,
high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What you’ll do:
is in need of a well-rounded and motivated full stack Lead Developer who will
be part of a team developing and supporting Peer Connect. Gartner’s Peer
Connect is an exclusive, trusted community of IT and business professionals who
share unbiased references and opinions on technology products and vendors to
help avoid pitfalls and leverage one another’s experiences with strategic IT
initiatives. The ideal candidate will be someone
who is both a hands on a developer and has worked closely with business users
in building/supporting a customer facing website and has demonstrable experience
innovating with technology to meet business needs.
- Lead the team of software engineers
- Act as the Architect and develop new
features using Ruby/Rails and JS (Ember.js) on open source platforms such as
- Work with both inhouse and external
resources on development.
- Collaborate closely with design,
product, other stakeholders to develop new solutions.
- Identify and resolve web
performance, usability and scalability issues.
- Ensure code integrity standards and
code best practice.
- Code Reviews.
- Identify new technologies or
solutions to solve for technical challenges.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ Years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- 8+ Years of experience working with other programming languages such as JAVA and/or C#.
- 8+ Years of experience working with Postgres, or Oracle or equivalent enterprise RDBMS system.
- Demonstrated experience in working AWS.
- Excellent understanding of REST based APIs
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming with design patterns.
- Excellent understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and Responsive web design.
- Demonstrated Ability to use GIT.
- Understanding of CSS extensions and frameworks such as SASS.
- Highly Motivated, Self-driven with problem solving skills.
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills.
- Plus to have for both: Experience working with E-commerce platforms such as Drupal commerce. Experience with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM.
Who you are:
- Passionate about technology, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments.
- A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe.
- Attentive to details and well organized.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more.
Level 12, Two Horizon Center, Golf Course Road
DLF Phase-5, Sector 43
150 Peer Insights - 1524
Mar 9, 2018, 5:09:17 PM