Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Technical Duties and requirements
-Precision machine ship experience, aerospace/defense industry experience a plus
– 3-5 axis machinining centers and multi axis turning center programming experience required, Mazak Integrex or similar multi axis turning center programming and debug experience a plus
– Process development experience including shop routings. Set-up sheets, tool lists, bills of material, assembly instructions and process sequences
-Great problem solving skills
-Experience with cutting tool design and component fixtures a plus
-Knowledge of various machine tools and controllers a must
-Experience programming for a variety of materials eg. Aluminum, titanium, hardened steels a must
-Knowledge of good machining practices feeds, speeds optimal chip loads etc.
-Knowledge of latest programming tools available and able to research and implement for best optimal performance
-Experience working in a lean manufacturing and continuous improvement environment
-In depth knowledge of GD and T
-In depth knowledge of G and M codes
-Experience in transferring engineering code such as 3d geometry directly to machine programs
-Self motivated and capable working with minimal supervision
-Organize both verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
-Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
-Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or internal personnel.
-Provide support with identifying and preparing new component proposals.
-Develop an understanding of the work cell business strategy as it pertains to the Aero precision machining business
-Contribute to project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation
-Responsible for facilitating communication as appropriate to all involved and “manage” the stakeholders. This includes escalate issues to the next level of management
– Responsible for input to project budgets for current and future site needs
-Understand and exceed customer needs and expectations.
-Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
-Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
-Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
-May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
– Associates or Bachelor Degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering a plus
– Minimum formal apprentice training in machining, 5-7 years as a CNC programmer or manufacturing engineer, with CAD CAM systems.
– Experience manufacturing small to medium size and complexity aerospace components using high precision programmable
– Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.