Functional Area:LG - Legal, Regulatory & Gov't AffairsEstimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%Relocation Provided: NoAIG Europe Limited
The Regional Compliance Officer, EMEA Region, Global Financial Crimes Group will oversee ongoing activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of AIG's international trade, anti-money laundering and anti-corruption programs (collectively, “Compliance Risks”). This person will report directly to the Financial Crimes Group head in New York. The Regional Compliance Officer, EMEA Region, Financial Crimes Group will also:
• Develop and maintain AIG’s Compliance Risk programs and assist corporate functions and business units to address such risks.
• Develop policies and procedures to manage the core components of Compliance Risk programs in accordance with the requirements of applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
• Serve as an EMEA-wide resource to provide guidance to business units and corporate functions, and serve as an escalation point regarding the Compliance Risks. Verify each business unit has appropriate procedures and processes in place to support AIG’s Compliance Risks programs.
• Assist in identifying compliance risks, and consulting on the development and implementation of controls, procedures, and training designed to mitigate risks.
• Provide advice to AIG’s Business Units with respect to the maintenance of their economic sanctions (e.g., OFAC) program in accordance with both U.S. and non -U.S. sanctions laws and regulations, as well as AIG policy and conflict of law principles.
• Maintain current knowledge of laws and regulations regarding the Compliance Risks. Recommend, develop, and implement changes to existing policies and programs as warranted.
• Oversee content and guide delivery of compliance training programs to company employees.
• Participate in the development and implementation of on-going monitoring of Compliance Risk programs to evaluate compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
• For any mergers, acquisitions, or divestitures, work with the relevant business units and corporate functions to evaluate the impact to the company with respect to Compliance Risk issues and assist in formulating and implementing solutions.
The ideal person for this role should have knowledge of, and managerial experience in, international trade (OFAC), anti-money laundering and anti-corruption laws and regulations.
Candidates will be expected to possess the following professional and personal attributes:
• A strong education including an undergraduate degree; graduate degrees in relevant areas of study preferred. Law degree required. Extensive relevant experience with prior experience in development of a global compliance risk program.
• Experience with global legal and regulatory compliance frameworks and subject matter expertise in AML, and Anti-Corruption.
• Strong knowledge of U.S. sanctions programs (OFAC).
• Demonstrated ability to handle complex matters as part of a global group.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively within a highly-matrixed organization with employees at all levels.
• Self-starter with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to confront conflict and difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner.
• Strong problem-solving and project management skills.
• Excellent organizational, written, verbal and presentation skills.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives