The Strategic Marketing & Technology (SMT) function combines CAN's strategic marketing, technology, research & development (R&D), communications, strategic business development (SBD), and strategic accounts management under one function. SMT leverages market and customer insights to drive strategic choice, develop offerings and capabilities, activate the organization and drive business and technology investments to achieve our CAN 2020 goals.
This role reside in the technology space of the SMT function. It enables CPN business in Philippines to enhance its commercial growth agenda on species products, concepts and services as part of the overall portfolio that is being offered to our customers. The incumbent is responsible to create strong connection with our Philippines customers, continuously improve technical skills of our team and successfully implement new concepts.
Technology Strategy, Solution Identification and Deployment
• Acts as primary technology contact for national Customer Accounts with significant business impact.
• Directly interacts with the customer’s highest level of Technology Leadership (i.e. Chief Technology Officer, VP of Product Development, and Director of R&D) for mid-sized customers or R&D team for large customers to understand the business strategy and assess the needs of the customer (trouble shooting approach).
• Partners with the Commercial teams to acquire new business from potential customers with significant business impact (i.e. participate in visits, interact with technical teams of potential customers); and/or implement technology & support in delivering upon the overall regional gross margin target.
• Independently explores competitor capabilities and market information along with comparison to CPN capabilities to determine gaps and how CPN can best serve the customer. Converting main gaps into NPSS projects.
• Lead the systematic roll out of technology development (product, concept or service launches) according the launch plans for the regional business in close cooperation with the Strategic Marketing and Commercial functions.
• Represents CPN in relevant external organizations, committees, technical exhibitions and groups to appropriately influence external experts and customers on CPN’s opinions as well as technology strategy.
• As a benchmark we would like this role to spend around 70% of the time customer focused, whether this is side by side working with Commercial Lead or giving support on distance or training and deploying our technology at customers’ site.
Technology Development and Project Management
• Understanding customer needs, translating them into technology development (products or services).
• Contribute to new product development or existing product testing by coordinating trials with GICs, TACs or Universities.
• Interact with Global Species Teams to ensure state of the art nutritional knowledge is implemented in the region.
• Lead projects with a regional character.
• Contribute to CPN SEA Swine Strategy definition and implementation.
• Hire and develop a team of Technology Application Specialist (TAS) in Philippines.
• Provide coaching and facilitates knowledge transfer to more junior team members.
• Ensure optimal communication with your peers in the region.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Master degree (or equivalent experience) in animal nutrition, animal science or other related study.
• Strong technology know-how on Swine.
• Over 5 years demonstrated expertise in species nutrition and production with a leading agribusiness based in SEA.
• Strong customer focus.
• Strong experience in the Philippines market.
• Good stakeholder management skills.
• Fluent in English and at least one other Asian language.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Livestock nutritionist.
• Familiar with completed feed formulations and systems.
• Demonstrated animal production and farm management experience.
• Demonstrated feed manufacture/processing knowledge.
• Demonstrated nutritional formulation skillsets.
• Strong network with the technology-in-charge for Philippines.
• Excellent reputation among peers in the animal nutrition/production Industry.
Research and Development
Premix & Nutrition
John Canada Supervisor II RES_TCS_I_6 - SR TECHNICAL SERVICES SPECIALIST In the country of posted position