The game of sales is a challenging one. You are born with the natural ability to sell and eager to contribute to our Global Sales division! Within our Global Sales division we are currently looking to recruit a Solution Sales Manager who is responsible for new sales of a specific solution portfolio across segments in the territory DACH (Germany, Austria, Switerzland). Linking customer needs to product Solutions. Take on the challenge to hunt for this vacancy!
The Solution Sales Manager (SSM) drives new sales (new customers and cross-sell) for the products in his or her portfolio. In order to be successful, the SSM will know everything about their competitors in their region.
The SSM is the main team member responsible for driving new sales for a specific portfolio in the territory. The SSM successfully transitions the account to the Customer Consultant after closing the sale to ensure adequate implementation and adoption of the solution at the account. Close cooperation with the Customer Consultant and the Account Manager is key to drive upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
You will report to the Regional Director eBook. This position is based in Amsterdam (preferrably) or Germany (home based).
The Research Solutions Sales – Books team will focus on the Academic, Government and Corporate needs, and will be selling eBooks on one of Elsevier flagship electronic platform: ScienceDirect.
- Achievement of new-sales, including expansion sales (upsell), revenue growth targets of eBook portfolio in territory
- Create and execute on the eBook penetration plan in territory. Align territory and account solution portfolio plan with holistic territory/account plan
- Collaborate with regional sales teams to develop targeted sales plans for each region and the execution of these plans
- Develop a strong understanding of competitor landscape and be able to successfully position against these
- Negotiate and close contracts for new sales
- Develops a deep understanding of the relevant customer segment the solutions are sold into, translating the solution value to be segment specific Negotiate and close contracts for new sales
- Key expert on the competitor: knows everything about the competitors’ business, strategy and sales approach in territory
- Key expert on specific research workflow, being able to bring global references to customers in territory
- Stay abreast of development in field and market segment, and share with Elsevier
- Provide continuous feedback to product and marketing teams and participate in projects to help marketing in meeting strategic sales objectives.
- Channel feedback to the Product organization for continued product enhancement and new development needs, including for customized solutions
What you should bring
- University degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ proven new-sales track record in competitive environments
- Proven experience in complex solution-sales approach - “consultative selling”
- Experience working in or with research administration and management functions
- Knowledge in regional or national research programs, collaboration networks, and key opinion leaders
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills;
- Fluency both written and oral in English and German.
- Experienced in working in an international matrixes organization
- A passion for closing deals
This job requires frequent travelling to diverse locations within your respective territory (60%).
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Elsevier’s benefits are very competitive.
- Variable compensation driven by new-sales revenue performance vs targets for the year.
- Commission paid on new sales (full contract revenue as well as recognized revenue) for recurring and one-off products in the specific solution portfolio.
- Bonus plan subject to the company annual results
- Flexible working arrangements
- Additional benefits, like memberships of Elsevier’s magazines, discount on books and other facilities
- Several local and global networking communities to share best practices and knowledge
- Various social responsibility programs, channeling knowledge and strengths to help communities around the world improve education, science, healthcare and protect the environment.
- Sales Academy offering as per your defined Learning Path
- Miller Heiman account and opportunity planning training
- Competitive Selling
- Portfolio Bootcamp
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development
An assessment or business case could be part of our selection procedure. Please be aware that we request references and a copy of your diploma in the offer stage.