Requisition Number 5050BR External Posting Title IT HELPDESK SPECIALIST III Time Type Full time Pay Rate Type Salary Work Shift Regular - Salaried Country Thailand Locations Chonburi, Thailand Minimum Degree Required Bachelor's Degree Career Level Non-Manager - Experienced (3+ years exp) Job Description
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.3 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
The Helpdesk’s role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Able to communicate in Thai and English
- Coordinate and perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Assess need for any system configurations based on request.
- Knowledge of installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and supporting network, server, computer, phone system, and printer hardware.
- Understanding of imaging.
- Microsoft Office 2016.
- Helping and extending support to the existing core IT team in their day to day functions.
- Local and Remote Support on Desktop/Laptop to the users.
- Virus management on user Desktop/Laptop.
- OS and Application Installation on user Desktop/Laptop.
- General Help Desk calls
- Excellent Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills
- Able to manage own workload
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Ability to independently configure and install desktop and laptop systems and install applications on systems.
- Troubleshoot and solve common network issues using physical and logical diagnostic tools.
- Resolve specialized hardware and software problems with customers having little or no background in computers.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing (Thai and English).
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Determine users’ technical needs and provide them with appropriate solutions
- Install hardware, software and device drivers on standalone computers
- Test computers peripherals, hardware and software to ensure that they are working appropriately
- Upgrade software, patches and operating systems on a continuous basis
- Install and configure monitors, keyboards and printers
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Act as a technical resource in order to assist users with resolving computer issues
- Answer tickets and emails pertaining to users’ computer problems
- Ensure that all computers are secured effectively by installing and updating antivirus and encryption software
- Maintain documentation of technical maintenance procedures carried out
Percentage of Travel 0% - 10% Relocation Assistance Available No Visa Sponsorship Available No Removal Date 06/04/2018