HR Operations Specialist, India
Percent Travel Required
Up to 10%
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
Reporting to the HR Operations Manager, Asia Pacific, the HR Operations Specialist will be a key member of the growing global HR Operations team!
- The HR Operations Specialist is the first point of contact for Managers and Employees for HR policies, HR life cycle processes and system questions or issues.
- He/she is responsible for answering and handling inbound calls and emails from internal customers, greet them and answer questions and concerns on HR related issues, as well as redirect question to other, appropriate HR resources such as Learning & Development (L&D), Talent Acquisition (TA) and Compensation and Benefits (C&B).
- Provide accurate, consistent and timely responses via telephone, email, Skype and other means available.
- Ensure that every question or issue is entered as a case in the case mgmt system & maintains customer contact until the case has been resolved and is transferred to another relevant party for resolution such as L&D, TA and C&B, Global Mobility, Stock Administration.
- Performs basic administration processing, data input and verification of required documentation on the designated HR employee life cycle activity such as: new hires, terminations, transfer, promotions, salary changes, transfers, personal data changes, position management, job title changes, supervisor changes, department changes. This includes the production of employment contracts, termination letters, transfer letters, salary change notifications, relocation documentation (together with Global mobility), stock option letters, employment testimonials, onboarding, offboarding.
- Any above related local HR documentation is generated in the MyHR SSC but emailed to the local HR department for quality control and for hand over to the appropriate line manager or employee. No documentation, generated by the MyHR SSC, is sent directly to the employee. Local HR always stays in between for reasons of (quality) control.
- Triggering local mgmt process – pertaining to the HR life activity at hand - by monitoring shortlist of activities to be done by local line mgr and HR SSC. Keeping track of completion checklist.
- May interact with or perform payroll related duties.
- Maintains employee personnel files – either hardcopy or electronic files – and handles requests for employee file information.
- Responds to and troubleshoots employee and manager-related transactions and issues: workforce transactions and data corrections or changes.
- Auditing or monitoring workflow related to HR transactions.
- Directs employees and managers to the appropriate online support materials, tools systems, and/or vendors, if applicable.
- Handles inquiries during deployment of new system functionality.
- Provides guidance and training on HR processes, work flow and relevant systems
- Liaise with global HR Ops to update and maintain knowledge base FAQ’s solutions and troubleshooting guides.
- Identify trends in customer issues and make recommendations for process improvement opportunities
- Provide exceptional customer service levels to internal customers
- Degree in business/related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- At least 2 years of operational experience in an ideally international HR department
- At least 2 years of experience as an HR Operations Specialist in an HR Shared Services environment
- Strong service and customer orientation
- Strong in relation management and high focus on solving the internal customer problems
- High attention to detail as well as a conscious and accurate way of working
- Team player, enjoy working and being part of a multi-national team
- Good command of English and Hindi to interact team members and internal customers - bilingual required (written and spoken)
- Good communication skills, both written as well as spoken
- Being able to travel in Asia, Europe and to the US for training purposes.