Europe, Middle East and Africa-Sweden-Västra Götaland-Göteborg
Technical Sales Specialist, Design & Manufacturing Industry for Nordics
Location: Gothenburg or Copenhagen
Job ID: 18WD27406
Autodesk is seeking a highly motivated Technical Sales Specialist for the Autodesk Design & Manufacturing Solution Portfolio.
The ideal candidate partners with the Autodesk sales staff and authorized
resellers to provide pre-sales technical leadership and assistance. The
Technical Sales engineer uses in-depth industry and software knowledge to uncover customer business issues and suggest improvements, thus earning status as a trusted advisor with the customer. She/He meets with individuals at all levels in the customer. She/He assesses technical requirements, identifies technical solutions and presents our products to small and large audiences.
Area of focus will be manufacturing engineering and production processes, with an adjacent knowledge about data management.
- Develop and conduct professional product presentations and demonstrations to generate sales and meet revenue objectives. Present solutions as advantages and benefits for customers. Deliver both customized and standard technical demos to specifically address customer needs. Provide technical presentations at trade shows and events
- Take ownership of technical sales opportunities through all phases of the sales cycle
- Communicate enthusiastically product features and benefits in pre-sales situations. Convey a positive message to accounts and individuals
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the Autodesk sales force involved with the opportunity
- Generate new business by expanding opportunities, developing leads, applying direct sales methods, employing cross selling tactics, using adjacent selling techniques etc. Apply and leverage in-depth domain knowledge with value selling and target account selling strategies
- Work with authorized Autodesk reseller technical staff to ensure they are proficient handling Autodesk software tools. Partner with them to grow, refine, and enhance their presentation abilities
- Deliver trainings and coaching to end user and channel partner
- Perform feasibility studies and cost estimation to fulfil customer requirements. Develop implementation plans
- Share best practices, competitive information, innovation, and thought leadership within the sales organization, product divisions, and technical sales organization. Interact and communicate with various business units. Provide answers and knowledge, share technical product and integration information pertaining to Autodesk or competitor products
- Proven professional experience in the IT or engineering industry
- Familiarity with at least one of the leading CAD softwares, such as Inventor, Pro/E, NX, Catia, Solid Works etc.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Vault or other PLM/PDM and document management systems
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape in the CAD market and ability to position different solutions
- Strong solution selling skill, yet comfortable switching between hands-on, coaching
- Can work under pressure and has the ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate clearly with a technical and non-technical audience
- Flexible and always keen to work with latest tools and technologies available
- Passion to establish collaborative relationship within the Autodesk ecosystem (reseller, distributor) and with customers
- English language skills
- Product demonstrations against large auditoriums or critical discussions with professionals do not constitute a stress situation for the candidate, but an appreciated professional challenge
- The position will require travel activity mainly in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland up to 60% of working time
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.