No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Job Title: Data Architect
Department: Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise IT
Location: Dubai, UAE
The Data Architect will participate in defining AL-Futtaim’ s Enterprise Reference Data Architecture and, Enterprise Data Management & Governance processes. He/she will be responsible for defining the high level integrated data model for projects. He/she will assess the current and target states of the data architecture to align with strategic or tactical objectives and develop recommendations to close the gaps. He/she will advise on the approaches to integrate cloud and on premise data warehouses and data lakes with metadata management for powerful data-driven solutions. He/she should be a trusted architect adviser to the management team to provide guidance to the teams in solution design and implementation being knowledgeable of data analytics trends. He/ She will also be responsible for assisting the Enterprise Architecture team in evaluation and selection of Technology, Solutions, Products and Vendors. End to end data architectures / data flows.
- Participate in defining AL-Futtaim’ s Enterprise Reference Data Architecture
- Participate in defining Enterprise Data Management and Governance processes and produce relevant deliverables
- Develop Current and Target states of data architecture
- Conduct gap analysis
- Assist in evaluation and selection of Technology/ Solutions / Products / Vendors
- Vendor co-ordination activities as part of assessment/evaluation of technology solutions
- Participating in the assessment/evaluation /procurement of technology solutions through the RFI, RFQ, and/or RFP process including creating and evaluating the RFP for large enterprise-wide systems initiatives. Liaises with outside vendors, reviews bids/service contracts, and makes recommendations where necessary to the Enterprise Architect (EA).
- Assist in defining technology standards for the enterprise
Enterprise Data Knowledge Management
Publish a monthly/quarterly “Architecture bulletin” on technology architecture updates – market/organization specific
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Degree in Information Systems or related discipline
Total 10 years in IT domain. Out of which min 2 years in the Enterprise Architecture domain
- Development of data architecture, strategy and governance to support business, application, security and technology strategic analysis and decision making
- Consistently demonstrate strong experience in Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Database architectures, design patterns, best practices, and programming techniques around relational modelling, dimensional modelling and data integration.
- Assessment of current and target states of the data architecture to align with strategic or tactical objectives and to develop recommendations to close the gaps
- Integrate cloud and on premise data warehouses and data lakes with metadata management, for powerful data-driven solutions
- Be a trusted architect adviser to the management team and also give direction to guide the teams in solution design and implementation, being knowledgeable of data analytics trends
- Presents roadmaps and architecture landscapes to senior stakeholders to fulfill the organization’s data science, cognitive, analytics and reporting requirements
- Experience with Data Breach and reporting regulations, GDPR, PCI-DSS etc.
- Strong Business and Data Analysis skills
- Evaluation of data related technologies, and defining best practices in the assessments of standards, tools and methodologies including ETL development, to perform hands on data analysis
- Create innovations in both analytic algorithms and methodologies with business impact. Responsible for the end-to-end process of analytical solutioning, involving conceptualization and business engagement
- Ensures data quality and performs data cleansing to ensure a single source of truth, to enable data as a service for business units and front-end applications to consume
- Perform quality review of data modeling design and deliverable, leading work sessions and deliverable presentations with business stakeholders
- Manage data architecture develop data approach documents with other architects/project team/business, but not limited to, high level data approach, environment, data and resource requirements and automation approach.
- Strong leadership and influence skills across Business and Technology organizations
- Minimum of 8 years IT experience and 5 years in data architecture, strategy, modeling and tools
- Demonstrate an excellent in depth understanding of Relational and unstructured databases, database modeling,
- 8+ years of experience in designing and leading the conceptual, logical and physical design for distributed databases.
- 5+ years of experience in driving Meta data architecture and Master Data Management Solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in performing analysis and design for Data Management and Data Driven projects.
- Best practices using data solutions using Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Kafka, MongoDB, NoSQL, Cassandra, Graph, etc,
- Experience of Cloud Data technologies, solutions and future Cloud Data Strategies
- Understands machine learning, statistics, natural language processing, sentiment analysis, graph analysis, augmented and virtual reality
- Proficient in handling complex technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques
Nice to Have:
- One full cycle experiencing in implementing TOGAF
- Experience – Working as End Customer as well as a Consultant
- Experience in Automotive / Retail / Real Estate industry a plus
- Process modelling experience
- Able to work comfortably in cross culture and multicultural environment
- Strong analysis, communication, negotiation and change management skills
- Proven ability to absorb large amounts of information, analyze and synthesize the key ideas and/recommendations for presentation in a business friendly format
- Ability to work independently or in teams
- Forward thinking. Proactive rather than Reactive
- Excellent presentational skills
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.