Looking for experienced Java backend developer to Kyivstar, building Data Management Platform-large scale (multi-petabyte),distributed (7 locations in Eurasia), highly complex telecom BigData analytical and complex in-memory event processing environment.
- Design and implement Java/Scala services.
- Design and implement a Big Data architecture that can scale to hundreds of millions of users.
- Work closely with a team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning experts on implementing advanced AI algorithms. Ensure technical alignment and successful delivery and improvement of the product
- Ensure implementation supports unit and functional testability, automation, scalability and performance
- Providing thought partnership with business and product owners in translating high value business ideas into beautiful and innovative software solutions
- Providing technical excellence, quality first mindset, simple architecture and highest code quality
- Writing great software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g., DRY principles, TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
- Reviewing other colleagues code
- Ingest data-sources into our data management platforms
- Structure data into a scalable and easily understood architecture
- 2+ years of general programming experience in java or/and relevant -
- ETL experience
- Experience designing and building java applications based on microservices architecture
- Experience in designing and implement Java/Scala services.
- Experience in writing and deploying java codebases with continuous integration and deployment environments (e.g., Jenkins, GIT-CI, Chef/Puppet, etc.)
- Background in test driven development, automated testing and other software engineering best practices (e.g., performance, security, BDD, etc.)
- Experiences developing RESTful API services (http, caching), SOAP services
- Experience in using open source technologies and eager to learn new technologies
- Experience working in distributed international teams
- Experience of working with the data of the largest operator in Ukraine
- Hands on experience with Big Data technologies and tools
- Great diversity of tasks and projects that fully apply your knowledge and skills; flexibility in tools and techniques usage
- Great possibilities for professional development and career growth
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Friendly & Collaborative Environment