Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design, develop, optimize and enhance cloud platforms and web services
- Work with Product and Design teams to understand roadmaps and build new features
- Work with engineering teams to continually improve processes
- Create/Review/Approve architectural design for 3D printing software web services
- Develop key components for new features - create backbones that more junior developers can build upon
- Promote, lead and participate in code reviews
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and Service-Oriented Design
- Experience with third-party APIs and Web Services
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with code management using Git & build using Maven
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, including Spinnaker
- Experience with C++ or Python
- Experience with Electron
- Experience with 3D Printing (interest in 3D printing is required)
- Experience with GoLang
- Experience with Docker
- Experience migrating from Monolith Systems to MicroServices
- NoSQL 'database' experience such as DynamoDB
- Experience with using logging tools such as ElasticSearch, Kibana, Splunk etc.
- Experience with using Application performance monitoring tools such as Sumo Logic, Newrelic, DataDog, etc.
Tools we use:
Electron, Node.js, Flux/React, C++, Python, Agile development methodologies, Docker, Go, PHP. We run on Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Services at scale.
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments are a must at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is leading the Next Industrial Revolution by setting the standards in reliable and affordable desktop 3D printing. Founded in 2009, MakerBot sells desktop 3D printers to innovative and industry-leading customers worldwide, including engineers, architects, designers, educators and consumers. MakerBot has one of the largest installed bases and market shares in the desktop 3D printing industry, with more than 90,000 MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers in the world. The robust MakerBot 3D Ecosystem makes 3D printing easy and accessible for everyone. To learn more about MakerBot, visit makerbot.com.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.