SNC's TRAX software plays an integral part in bridging battlefield communication gaps for the U.S. Army, effectively eliminating any proprietary interfaces and protocols, allowing commanders to receive a more sound common operating picture of their battle space.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Works as part of a larger Agile software development team to rapidly provide operational capabilities to the field
- Develops Android geo-spatial apps (Java, Kotlin)
- Develops software that is heavily used by US Special Operations Forces (SOF) with a high demand for additional features
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems
- Ensures software standards are met
- Elicit, derive, and document software and/or system requirements to meet internal or external customer specifications
- Define software/and or system architecture, design software modules, and produce associated documentation per corporate or customer standards
- Write and test software modules and integrate with other software and/or hardware components
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS in related field required.
- 10+ years of related experience required.
- Must have extensive experience in Java, Kotlin, Scala, Python, Go, C#, and C++. Solid knowledge of Java I/O, Java Collections
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Android Platform and SDK (Software Development Kit).
- Development experience in the Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK) Android Infrastructure app is highly desired
- Experience designing and developing software
- Experience in project definition
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large teams
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.