The key purpose of Software Designer (IBM WMB/ IIB) – Platform Services would be to contribute towards the Design, Build and Test Workstream as part of the overall Enterprise Services Platform/ Programme. This role is to be a member of the design and development team working on development projects in the Integration Services domain.
As a Software Designer he/she will be responsible for designing and building software systems on IBM Datapower, Websphere Message Broker, IBM Websphere Registry & Repository and IBM Integration Bus. The role holder would be working closely with technical leads and architects to deliver fully tested applications. The role also involves liaison with Business Users, Business Analyst and Developers who will be responsible for definition and documentation of detailed Functional and Non-Functional requirements. The role holder would be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing the Web Services on ESB platform.
What the Business Does
The role of Software Designer (IBM WMB/ IIB) – Platform Services is based in Core Banking Systems and Payments department. If you are applying for this role, you will report to the Team/Tech Lead.
If you are looking to apply for the role of Software Designer (IBM WMB/ IIB) – Platform Services, you will be required to:
- Analyse business requirements and convert them into Technical and/or Functional requirements
- Design, develop, debug and implement software components using ESB technologies
- Create low level design documents to be used by software engineers to build software components
- Review design and code to verify that they adhere to Technology Services operational principles
- Review unit test plans and results
- Resolve technical problems of varying degree of complexity
- Assimilate and apply knowledge as well as spread acquired knowledge and experience to other team members
- Assisting Technical Lead designer with technical details / decisions
- Travel requirements: Based on need, but not substantial
- Produce accurate estimates for development of software by understanding the technical specification and providing development efforts
- Analyse various quality dimensions including performance, reliability and resilience, and design and implement improvements to meet them
- Ensure code is maintainable and coded with attention to robustness, performance, stability, scalability and testability
- Design for Websphere Message Broker (WMB)/ IBM Integration Bus (IIB) Platform-related projects - experience of model-driven approach is desirable (e.g. UML/Rational modelling)
- WMB/IIB knowledge desirable but training will be provided for suitably experienced applicants with Java/ Websphere backgrounds
- Able to progress work with minimal supervision yet work as part of a broader team
- Create solutions and deliver in an agile way
- This role is of a Software Designer responsible for designing and building/enhancing software systems on IBM Datapower, Websphere Message Broker, IBM Websphere Registry & Repository and IBM Integration Bus
- To ensure code is maintainable and coded with attention to robustness, performance, stability, scalability and testability
- He/ she would be responsible for large/small components taking it from application design through coding and testing phases
- He/She may be responsible to managing small team of developers or may work as an individual contributor based on the nature of the task which would be assigned to him/her
Skills you need
- A qualification from an Engineering College, MCA (honours/ 1st class
- Over 4 years experience in system development involving ESB technologies
- 5 years + of Websphere Message Broker (WMB) or IBM Integration Bus (IIB) and Java knowledge are essential, on large, enterprise-level developments
- Experience of analysis and verification of User Requirement Documentation, Functional Specification and Technical Design Specification
- Experience in instructing infrastructure people
- Proven experience of working as interface between build and test teams and engaging in problem investigation and resolution
- To produce accurate estimates for development of software by understanding the technical specification and providing development efforts
- The ability to analyse various quality dimensions including performance, reliability and resilience, and design and implement improvements to meet them
- Has a very good understanding of RBS standards and processes
- Understanding of Change and Configuration Management principles
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
- Good understanding of the Infrastructure Design Process
- Good understanding of the Implementation processes – Emergency Change, Normal Change, Expedited change, Schedule of Events etc.
- Knowledge of RBS processes
- Be able to design and code on IBM Datapower, Websphere Message Broker and IBM Integration Bus
- Good working experience in building and testing Web-Services
- Experience of CICS Webservices would be an added advantage
- Experience of Agile Scrum delivery
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.