Shangri-la Hotel, Surabaya
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Assistant Financial Controller is responsible to ensure strong financial management and maintain robust controls within the Finance team and the hotel at large.
The Assistant Financial Controller provides direction and guidance in all areas of accounting and finance which includes the preparation of financial reports, credit control, purchasing, data management, food & beverage cost control, relevant external professionals, and the coordination of accounting activities.
- Brings an international luxury 5 star hotel / resort experience ( minimum of three years ) in the same or similar capacity.
- Graduate of Accountancy and/ or a Certified Public Accountant.
- Possesses excellent communication skills in English
- Has ability to coordinate with key management team heads.
- Honest in his dealings and executes it with sense of discipline.
- A self - motivated, analytical and responsible individual capable of handling change and can work independently.
- People-oriented with an ability to motivate staff and influence people.
- Proficient in the use of computer software ( e.g., MS Office, Check SCM, Opera, Sunsystem, etc.)
- Familiar with the Hotel’s Property Management and Point of Sales systems
- ACA/ACCA or CIMA – Either qualified or studying towards qualification
- SunSystem (preferred); Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Professional level of English
- Relevant experience in a similar function.
- Good understanding of hotel/restaurant business
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Honesty & integrity.
- Commitment to complete all duties on time.
- Commitment to professional values.
- Business acumen