As a full-stack software engineer, you'll be working on our open platform that helps power the the largest crowdsourcing platform. Topcoder has a small engineering team where everyone contributes across our broad product suite. Whether you gravitate towards the front-end, the back-end or somewhere in between, we're likely working on projects that are in your sweet spot. Topcoder is being rebuilt in cloud technologies on the public cloud with NodeJS / Java back-end and a React front-end, but if you're experienced in other frameworks, we find that transfers over quickly.
Additionally you will be utilizing the Topcoder community as your development team. You will eventually be serving as an architect writing technical specifications, designing the system, sending code out to the community to develop and overseeing the results merged back into Topcoder code base.
The ideal candidate combines a strong overall computer science background with 5+ years of experience in full-stack web development. You're equally at home designing data stores, architecting scalable services, and building beautiful web applications. You've demonstrated your abilities writing top-quality web or open source software. You have excellent technical judgment, a strong product sense and have an attention to detail and personal pride in your work.
- Very comfortable with full-stack web development.
- Knowledge of one or more web application frameworks.
- Avid follower of the technology industry and current technology/web-related trends.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of scalability, systems engineering, design patterns, and algorithms.
- Great product sense and software design sense; excellent technical judgment and architecture experience.
- Give and receive constructive code reviews.
- AngularJS, React.js, Redux, Webpack,
- Java, Node.js, Express, RabbitMq
- REST API
- We host code on GitHub
Front-end emphasis - Experience
- Proficiency with DOM, Browser rendering engines, HTML/CSS/SCSS/SVG/Web fonts;
- Module bundlers - Webpack.
- 5+ years of experience with SPA/RIA/Responsive/Mobile/JSON/REST API/XML;
- 5+ years of experience building scalable front-end architecture;
- 5+ years of experience with website performance, debugging, optimization, unit testing, DevTools
- Building component libraries; React native;
- Hybrid apps, iOS, Android;
- Experience with Relay, GraphQL experience
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- REST API architecture
- CI/CD, Event-driven SOA
- 5+ years of experience in Java
- Amazon AWS
- PostgreSQL, Redshift, RDBMs
- Expert knowledge of NodeJS/Java
- 5+ years of experience working on large-scale web applications
- 3+ years of experience with AWS and public cloud platforms
- Ability to own projects end-to-end and work with remote resources.
- Detailed knowledge of performance and scalability, including front-end web browser performance analysis
- NoSQL databases - MongoDB, Cassandra