BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Aladdin User Experience team is responsible for working with the Aladdin Product Group to ensure we develop applications and capabilities with a user-centered design focus. The Aladdin UX team is made up of UX designers, visual designers, user researchers and UX developers who work together to design new applications, provide design consistency across the Aladdin platform, meet with end users to validate designs and build prototypes of new user interfaces.
Our UX team is seeking a talented and motivated User Researcher who is passionate about research and design methodology. Our team is driving a user-centered design approach around powerful enterprise software for the Aladdin Product Suite.
As a User Researcher, you will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research. You will have the opportunity to employ a wide range of methodologies such as usability studies, interviews, surveys, task and workflow modeling, ethnography, persona development, A/B testing, user modeling, etc. You will work on both quick iterative studies as well as more formal long term research. You will also help to teach, workshop and evangelize user research methods and mentality throughout the product organization.
- Design and execute research that helps support and drive better product design
- Engage with project teams to determine their needs, create informed test plans, run the testing (moderating), analyze results, compile reports
- Create comprehensive deliverables that help educate and empower stakeholders with valuable insight
- Conduct usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement
- Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge
- Collect and analyze user behavior through server logs, online experiments (A/B testing), benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys.
- Work with designers, product managers and engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in usability testing, moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one), participant recruiting/screener creation, experimental design, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, participant recruiting/screener creation, statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis, survey design, ethnographic work, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Ability to self-motivate and manage work in order to meet project deadline and milestones
- Ability to change projects to meet demands, timelines and other constraints
- Strong moderation skills and ability to lead interviews, usability testing, focus groups, etc. with ease
- MS or PHD in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics
- Experience designing and testing research for complex technical software systems
- Interest in being an evangelist of UX within a product organization
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.