Senior Director or VP, Upmarket Pipeline Generation
Job Type: Full time
Location: Belmont, CA
Department: Sales Operations & Strategy
Senior Director or Vice President (UpMarket Pipeline Leader)
RingCentral, Inc. is an award-winning global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral solutions empower today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today’s leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows.
We are a $500M company, disrupting the $100B business communications and collaboration market (Avaya, Cisco, Microsoft) with a killer product (Gartner MQ Leader last 2 years) and rapid growth (30% yoy). We are now pulling away from the competition and leaving them behind as we scale our product revenues and product capabilities. We are looking for outstanding talent to help us scale our revenues to $1b and beyond in the coming years.
In this role the successful candidate will oversee all sources of upmarket pipeline generation and management across all sources (business development, marketing, channel and AE generated). This role will report to the SVP UpMarket Sales who is responsible for our Commercial and Enterprise sales efforts globally, or the VP of Sales Strategy and Operations. The scope of the role will be determined by candidate experience level and skillset.
- Oversight and health of the overall upmarket pipeline across all segments, geographies, and routes to market
- Lead the global business development team (outbound sales prospecting reps) with locations in Denver, Charlotte, Belmont, London and Manila.
- Work closely with upmarket field sales leaders (mid-market, majors, enterprise, UK, contact center) to understand needs and deliver pipeline that enables achievement of bookings targets
- Work in partnership with field sales leaders to define AE prospecting expectations and ensure effective collaboration between BDRs and AEs
- Serve as a liaison to marketing on pipeline management for all program types including digital marketing, demand generation and field marketing
- Serve as a liaison to channel sales leadership to coordinate joint go-to-market efforts
- Direct the sales side of account based marketing and sales strategies to ensure we are penetrating the highest potential accounts in our portfolio
- Work closely with Sales Strategy, Enablement and Operations teams to ensure effective onboarding and execution of the business development team as well as coordination on rules of engagement across the various sources of pipeline generation
- Own and refine portfolio decision making for all tools used by the business development functions
- Analyze early stage sales processes and identify opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Design reporting to provide sales, marketing and finance leadership with key information required to manage the business
- Work closely with marketing operations team to ensure effective go-to-market coordination, campaign management, lead to account routing and performance tracking
- Demonstrate a high level of responsiveness to senior executives and key constituents in the business
- 10-15 years of equivalent experience in direct sales, business development (prospecting) and sales operations with a deep focus on upmarket pipeline generation. Management consulting background is highly valued if in combination with direct sales experience.
- Must have High Tech industry and preferably SaaS experience.
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing teams > 50 people
- Highly metrics oriented with detailed sales process efficiency and effectiveness orientation
- Familiarity with a wide variety of routes to market (inside, field, channel and strategic partner sales) and segments (SMB, commercial, enterprise) in multiple geographies (North America, EMEA, APJ)
- Experience with designing and executing tailored outbound sales strategies to engage senior level decision makers at large companies in highly competitive marketplace
- Professional with strong organizational, communication, and technical skills
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze data, determine insights and develop programs to drive performance improvement
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s is desirable
Now, a little more about us….
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) provides cloud computing based business phone systems designed for today's mobile and distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communication for modern, flexible business environments. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California.
RingCentral is an EEOC employer.