Job Category: Information Technology
Line of Service: Tax
State & City: NY-Albany
Travel Requirements: 0-20%
Position Type: Manager
Req ID: 106068BR
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
The IST Tax Technology and Process practice has extensive experience helping companies address their federal and International tax needs. We help multinational businesses achieve their business goals in a tax-efficient manner, both locally and globally. Our IST Tax professionals assist companies with:
Tax/financial data management
Tax/financial Software development
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in a business related field.
Certification(s) Required: in at least one of the following: Enrolled Agent, PhD in Computer Science/Information Science or STEM equivalent, Professional Certification in Project Management (PMP), Six Sigma Certification (Lean, Green, Black, Master), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA), Certified Software Tester (CSTE), UX Certificate
- Nielson Norman Group, Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) or equivalent institutional Data Science program, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Developer in Java, SQL, SAP, Lotus Professional Certification, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Software Quality Test Engineer, Masters Degree
- Computer Science or Information Science, Microsoft Certified Professional Developer, Oracle Certified Professional, Professional Certification in Business Analysis, Certified Compensation Professional, Global Remuneration Professional, Technology Specialist: Adobe Technologies, Technology Specialist: IBM Technologies.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in management consulting services to clients and to their large corporate tax functions, emphasizing the following areas:
- Monitoring and analyzing legislative and regulatory tax developments;
- Developing strategies in anticipation of tax law changes and regulatory developments; analyzing the economic impact of tax legislation and federal budget proposals; and,
- Addressing technology needs to support tax function effectiveness.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in general tax principles and regulations, including of the application of FAS 109, FAS 109 software, Beta Management, Organization Design, Process Improvement, Controls, and Risk Management to large corporate tax functions.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Demonstrating experience with project management, change management, and process improvement and business writing in monitoring and analyzing legislative and regulatory tax developments;
- Developing strategies in anticipation of tax law changes and regulatory developments;
- Analyzing the economic impact of tax legislation and federal budget proposals;
- Addressing technology needs to support tax function effectiveness;
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections;
- Preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust;
- Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and,
- Coaching staff including providing timely written and verbal feedback.