The Walmart.com Home Team is looking for an individual who can collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, customer driven environment, demonstrate strong business instinct/judgment, drive innovative thinking and leverage the latest tools and technology to analyze data and generate insights to rapidly grow and scale our 3rd party sellers’ assortment to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
• Partner with key functional partners such as account management, customer insight group and merchandising team to identify a list of unique selection that we need to acquire and onboard to our platform in order to meet our customers’ evolving needs.
• Research and develop a target list of sellers that have the identified selection above.
• Develop and execute a seller acquisition strategy (source, evaluate, and close deals) that enable us to achieve our new seller onboarding targets.
• Identify, prioritize and lead strategic projects (from problem definition to strategy formulation and implementation planning/execution) to enhance the customer experience for Marketplace selection.
• Perform ad hoc analyses and deep dive of Salesforce.com data
The Business Development Lead, Home Marketplace will play a key role in defining the selection and seller acquisition strategy that will drive rapid growth in Home Marketplace assortment to fulfill the needs of Walmart customers. This position requires the ability to collaborate with the Merchandising, Category Management, and Technical Integration teams to acquire and onboard new sellers to bring new and unique selection that exceeds our customers’ expectations.
- Develops and implements strategy for multiple or complex departments or categories
- Drives alignment across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for the Walmart.com merchandising/services area
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Manages multiple or complex product or service assortment and delivery channels
- Oversees and directs the creation and execution of new feature and product development roadmaps
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity