At Shine, we make wellbeing more accessible.
With over 1M members in 165 countries, we support the community through our two products. The first is a daily text that makes it easier to work on your wellbeing, and our second product, an iOS app, features “Mindful Moments”—a modern take on meditation. We’ve been covered on the TODAY show, CNN, Glamour, Mashable, TechCrunch and more.
We’re at the forefront of innovative, conversational, and accessible self-help content, whether that’s through our weekday Shine Text or content on our blog, advice.shinetext.com. We share two articles in every text, which reach a highly-engaged readership. Plus: We’re shaping the conversation around wellness with incredible syndication partners like Fast Company.
You’re passionate about what we’re building. You are obsessed with the power of technology to change the world and shape behavior, and you want to make sure our members have the best possible experience with Shine.
You have a passion for self-help and self-care content, and you’re tapped into the latest news from the self-improvement and wellness scene. You’re the first to share a new productivity hack with your friends, the latest Scandinavian mindfulness trend, or a trick you learned to help stop negative self-talk. And you love finding interesting new angles to stories making the Twitter rounds.
Moreover, you’re excited to contribute to the self-care conversation, whether that’s through research-backed articles or thoughtful personal essays exploring topics like mental health, confidence, productivity, and more.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Pitching and writing stories for our blog: You’ll keep tabs on the latest news and trending topics in the self-care/self-improvement world and pitch and write content that fits within the Shine ethos. You’ll work closely with our content strategist, crafting stories with our core product, Shine Text, in mind. And you’ll write stories to coincide with major Shine campaigns and our app voice content.
- Producing content for our blog: You’ll build stories for our blog, advice.shinetext.com, optimizing headlines and content for SEO and creating a visually compelling piece that represents our diverse community.
- Finding new platforms for Shine content: You’ll create a presence for Shine other platforms around the web (Medium! Pinterest! Bloglovin! Flipboard! Instagram stories!) to help our content reach more readers.
- Growing our organic search results: You’ll play a key role in increasing Shine’s organic search traffic by auditing our site and refreshing content for better SEO.
- Keeping our content organized: You’ll keep Shine’s editorial calendar organized, helping the Shine team optimize our editorial process.
- Becoming one with the Shine community: You’ll monitor community sentiment and pitch story ideas based on what our users are feeling/saying. You’ll also engage with the community directly and help us tell user stories.
- Customer Service Management & Reporting: You’ll provide the best experience possible to our members by answering their questions via Zendesk and troubleshooting problems they’re having. You’ll provide a weekly customer service report to elevate trends and inform how we can improve our product, member communication, and processes.
- Ambassador Program Prize Fulfillment: You'll help us celebrate our most engaged members by mailing out swag, prizes, and other rewards.
- You have 2-3 years of editorial experience, ideally in the wellness/self-improvement space
- Bonus: You have 2-3 years social media experience
- You know your way around a standard CMS
- You can write quickly and concisely
- You're a self-starter who loves to innovate
- Collaborative, fun office space
- Snacks on snacks