Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
Ardagh NA Shared Services Function
Direct activities of Ardagh NA Logistics to drive cost effective and delivery network optimization of finished goods from source to end customer to include the following:
- Continuous evaluation of the Ardagh plant and external warehouse storage and delivery network.
- Develop strategic and repeatable solutions providing data driven rationale for each Ardagh factory toward what should be stored within plant warehouse to drive direct deliveries to customer ship-to locations while simultaneously providing clear direction on what should be directed to external warehouse locations, with goal toward lowest landed cost and world class OTIF.
- Representing Logistics’ active role and participation in Consulting projects both within NA Business Units when unique to a specific BU and across all three BUs as synergistic opportunities present themselves.
- Research Best-In-Breed optimization software solutions and drive their applications within the Food and Beverage Container industry, specifically Ardagh Group.
- Drive Logistics/Distribution Network Optimization Function
- Continuous review of Plant to Customer lanes
- Identification of Optimal Direct to Customer lanes vs. Indirect through External Warehouse Platforms
- Execution of strategic network optimization through alignment strategies with all touch points from production/storage/shipping through to end customer
- Drive process of identifying NA Ardagh Plant Warehouse construction opportunities, working with Commercial Realtors, Building Contractors, Ardagh Engineering groups, Ardagh Logistics and Supply Chain groups toward best and highest use of limited Ardagh Capital, maximizing ROI.
- Develop robust, repeatable reporting tools through continuous interaction with Production Planning, Sales, and Operations, and IT to provide directional clarity on storage requirements. Director will closely monitor plant warehouse utilization and shipping activity to assure optimal use of Ardagh owned property.
- Must have a firm understanding of supply chain interactions, alignments, and touch points. Warehousing and transportation are typically at the tail end of the supply chain and highly subject to the whiplash effect when sourcing changes occur upstream.
- Must have the ability to understand building construction, working with commercial realtors, building contractors, civil engineers, regulatory agencies, local zoning officials, economic zone enterprises, and other touch points associated with adding storage capacity at Ardagh manufacturing facilities or off-site.
- Must be able to provide data and process driven evaluations of capital projects, various cost components, and return on investment. Must be able to develop compelling arguments to support the project approval process.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business with a focus on Procurement and Logistics (preferred)
- Mechanical or Civil Engineering Degree would provide a solid platform to build this position
- 6-8 years of experience in Logistics or Supply Chain, Sales, Accounting, or Procurement would provide strong negotiation skills necessary to succeed in this position.
- Must be able to operate within a highly dynamic environment while providing solutions with enough capacity and latitude to accommodate changes.
- Computer skills, knowledge of the Windows Operating System, SQL report building, SAP/WM ERP expertise; Microsoft Office Tools (excel with skills in pivot tables, lookup functions, advanced formulas, power point, outlook, etc.)
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.