A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
We strongly believe in cohesion and team spirit. Creating mobile video games involves strong collaboration with different types of talents. It is the coming together of skills – from producers, developers, game designers, artists, marketers, game monetization managers and more - that creates games people want to play. Here, we learn from each other and value talent more than focusing on hierarchy.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will cover a broad spectrum of topics: from shader creation to building tools, streamlining production processes, optimizing asset creation pipelines, profiling and bench-marking features. You will work closely with the programming team and the character and environment team leads.
Daily challenges include:
- As a key member of the technology development studio initiatives, you will be effectively bridge the gap between engineering and the art teams.
- Suggest efficient production methods that are in keeping with the initial guidelines and budgets/constrains ( memory / package size)
- Contribute to the game resource budgeting and optimization processes.
- Create high quality in game VFX from atmosphere to large destructive events.
- Prototyping, innovation and application of new rendering technologies.
- Drive the development of the 3D asset creation pipelines.
- Tools development, process streamlining, training and documentation for the art teams
- Support the Art Director vision through technological solutions and prototyping
- Establish compelling communication channels between tech platform development, technical design and art teams
- Use available tools and resources to challenge platform limitations through technology innovation and artistic ingenuity
Who you are?
- You have a good knowledge of shaders and rendering pipelines, especially GLSL
- You have experience with particle editing in a 3D application or an in-game engine
- You have the ability to learn and adapt to new scripting languages specific to studio specific engine and editors.
- You have experience in modeling/texturing pipelines
- You are highly motivated with a passion for video games and visual technologies
- You have experience working with commercially available editors like Unity, Cryengine or Unreal especially for shader prototyping and particle systems.
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken), concise writing skills
- Proficiency in 3D Studio Max & Maxscript
- Experience in working with Substance Designer
- Working experience on PC or consoles is a welcome asset
Why join Gameloft?
- Excellent Social Benefits (Medical insurance package, Gym facilities and swimming pool, free for employees, on site cervical massages on a regular basis)
- The offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package
- Career-development opportunities
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
- An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
Why Join Gameloft Cluj?
- Cluj is “the Heart of Transylvania”: a cosmopolitan European city and an important destination for business in South-Eastern Europe, with a remarkable potential for foreign investments
- It is one of the most welcoming cities in Eastern Europe
- Cluj succeeds in combining its history and architecture with the fresh and young atmosphere created by the city’s over 80.000 students
- Our studio is a very ambitious one, with a fast growth - it opened in 2010 and we are now proud to have over 500 employees
- Quality comes first: the perfect place for you to make a difference.
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft.com
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.