Lead Engineer to support all design functions and to support customer migrations. Technical leader of deployment phase for various projects on customer network.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manages, delivers and deploys aspects of network architecture, design, engineering and detail network specifications in order to migrate client from current network environment to the new environment.
• This position will directly interface with business customers, those who are planning to purchase or have purchased an AT&T Managed Service.
• Should be able to understand complex customer requirements and translate them into a configurable design/solutions that can be supported from within AT&T services frameworks.
• May include vendor management, client relations, resource planning and management, project management and quality assurance, new equipment installation and configuration and client training .
• The Lead Engineer will be responsible for the integration of cross service installations, working as an individual or as part of a team deploying changes to existing customer networks.
• Responsibilities will include and not limited to the ability to produce technical documentation, along with liaising with third parties and internal groups to schedule and support deployments and changes within agreed time scales arranged with the customer.
• The individual is responsible for technical validation of the solution, updates to AT&T internal databases, planning and preparation of migration plans for cut-over to the AT&T service. They will have an in-depth knowledge of logical router configurations and both LAN and WAN routing topologies as well as a business understanding of the Managed Service offers.
• Act as single point of technical contact for internal and external customers and provide SME support for escalated operational issues.
• Provides technical guidance / configuration notes to the implementation engineers and support as appropriate for completing customer migrations.
• Perform critical network changes or of high complexity
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Expertise in routing protocols (including BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP)
• Expertise in Network designing, Managed LAN services, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching
• Expertise in IP sub netting, NAT, IPV4 & IPv6
• Advanced knowledge of MPLS and Quality of Service technologies
• Advanced knowledge of network designing, implementation, trouble shooting & device management.
• Working knowledge of Frame-Relay, ATM, PPP, Ethernet, POS and all forms of WAN technologies including ISDN
• Working knowledge of Routers, Switches, CSU/DSU, bridges, IMA equipment, Load Balancers, WAN Acceleration devices
• Working knowledge of VOIP and IP Telephony, IPSec is required
Desirable Technical skills
• Professional level certifications in Cisco, Juniper, F5/Riverbed/Fortigate/Palo Alto products/technologies is desirable
• User level skills on Linux, Unix & scripting (python) is highly desirable
• Knowledge of SDN/NFV domain for the Enterprise and Service Provider networks is desirable
• Knowledge of security products and technologies is desirable
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies and applications is desirable
• Knowledge of switching & routing functions on Juniper platform is desirable
• Strong written & verbal communications, presentation & customer interaction skills is required
• Should be well organized, detail oriented and is flexible to help meet business requirements
• Innovative with capability to adapt to new environments and drive changes successfully
• Candidate shall be result oriented and is self-driven for delivering projects independently
• A Strong team player, analytical thinker & problem solver and delivers with speed.
Education and Qualifications:
CCNP knowledge (will be tested) is must
Location: Bangalore, Bratislava OR Kosice
Working hours: EMEA with flexibility to work US hours if needed