It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Applications Support Analyst is an exciting opportunity within Epiq’s Electronic Discovery division. Application Support Analysts provide 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd level support to clients (principally law firms and the in-house legal departments of Fortune 500 corporations) using Epiq’s proprietary software solutions as well as third-party software applications. Additionally, the Application Support team provides internal support to Epiq associates from several departments including Client Services, Operations, Software Engineering & QA and IT. This is a highly technical, client support role that requires superior customer service skills. This is not a Desktop Support role.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Identify, analyze and resolve technical issues, from external clients and internal associates.
- Partner with internal associates (e.g., application engineers, database administrators, software engineers and quality assurance analysts) to assist in problem resolution
- Document issues and work with other functional groups to develop updated processes and workarounds
- Early morning, evening or weekend hours are required as needed.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience working with IT groups or proprietary application software support environments in a fast paced, dynamic environment is strongly preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related field is strongly preferred or equivalent experience
- Proactive, responsible, and willing to go above and beyond to achieve client satisfaction.
- Strong client focus: troubleshooting and follow-up skills; commitment to continuous improvement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of SQL language and Unix/Linux is a significant plus.
- Experience in litigation support and/or document management systems is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a Windows/Citrix environment; familiarity with Windows and Citrix administration and Active Directory.
Passionate about technology and ability to demonstrate technical problem solving skills.
- The Application Support department operates on a 24x7x365 basis so the position is on a full-time, rotational shift basis with possible shifts on evenings, weekends and holidays
- Integrity -- Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what she/he commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
- Client Focus -- Takes action with the clients, both internal and external and sees their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback.
- Results Driven- Sets stretch goals for personal and team accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked; does more than what is normally required in a situation; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
- Entrepreneurial Orientation- Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
- Decisiveness - The ability to make well informed, effective, and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; ability to make tough decisions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition Epiq Systems will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq Systems is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.