TITLE: Recipe Tester
DEPARTMENT: Food Development
REPORTS TO: VP of Food Development
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time
At Eat Club we solve the problem of "what will I eat today" by combining slick technology with a personalized food experience. Your entire office is just a few smart phone clicks away from getting exactly what they ordered, delivered hot and on time in as little as two hours. When you see your name on the dish you know that our test kitchen and top local restaurant partners are catering to you personally.
Our R&D team members have a broad understanding of food design with the vision of how to translate at operational scale. The Recipe Test position takes recipes from our R&D Chefs and confirms their technique and yield validity. Attention to detail is vital for success in this role.
Position fosters high touch relationships with R&D chefs and production management team. Ownership includes awareness on every aspect of the products within the recipe development pipeline with a whatever-it-takes work ethic.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Familiarity with a wide variety of cuisines
- Minimum two years management in a high volume catering or commercial production facility
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of food product development and testing in a commercial operation
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office (i.e. Word & Excel) and Google apps (i.e. Docs & Sheets)
- Proficient in English, oral and written format, conversational Spanish desired
- Attention to detail with a direct communication style
- Familiarity with large scale kitchen production equipment - 10k+ meals daily
- ServSafe certification or ability to acquire
- Key contributor in delivering high success rate for getting concepts to market
- Your daily efforts will be seen through immediate impact on variety of dishes in the portfolio
- Contributes to seamless transitions between R&D and production teams
- Advises R&D chefs on considerations for successful commercialization
- Ensures translation of small-batch recipes to larger batch production recipes
- Ability to be flexible in work assignments, and switch gears as needed
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
- Document Reviewed Date: [November 28th, 2016]