The Dealer Development and Learning Group provides learning opportunities and resources to the Canadian Tire Dealers’ Association members. The Graphic Designer will partner with the Learning Consultants to create exciting and relevant web and print based learning for our store staff. The Graphic Designer is responsible for following the creative direction, usability requirements and design quality guidelines for all learning materials produced to support the overall learning strategy. Working in collaboration with the Learning Consultant, the Graphic Designer identifies and builds assets required to execute on the learning strategy. The role reports directly to the Lead Learning Solutions Consultant.
- Ensure all elements of the learning strategy focus on engagement, usability and compliance with current web and industry standards
- Effectively translate the ideas and goals of the learning strategy into unique and functional designs that align with the business' strategic direction and messaging
- Identify, develop and document front-end design standards and requirements for all design treatments and ensure the standards are met for all projects prior to implementation
- Present design concepts and artwork to Lead Learning Solutions Consultant and business stakeholders
- Ensure developed graphics follow the established documented design treatment
- Ensure that all design templates accommodate both English and French copy
- Investigate, review and recommend emerging technologies and tools
- Communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Degree or diploma in graphic design, interactive multimedia or Graphic design is strongly preferred
- Portfolio of relevant graphic design work
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a Graphic designer in a multi-media, eLearning, or online marketing environment
- Excellent visual design skills and outstanding design portfolio of interactive projects required
- Strong experience with user interface design and graphic design
- Understanding of colour theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Proficiency in current graphic design practices and web production software, such as Adobe CC, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Office Suite, SharePoint and Articulate 360.
- Thorough understanding of current web standards, cross platform compatibility and graphic design principles, as well as web usability principles
- Experience in developing web sites and/or web applications is an asset
- Experience working with both Windows and Mac OS operating systems
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Store Support & Operations
Feb 2, 2018, 8:03:14 PM