Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join the Canadian Tire Family of Companies.
Our Technology team plays a critical role in our evolution, specifically as we transition to an omni-retailer where digital complements the physical. Our commitment to being a world-class digital organization is evident in how we are using cutting-edge technologies to bring our digital strategy to life in-store, online and on your mobile devices, ultimately improving customer experiences, driving traffic, and boosting loyalty.
Working in the Canadian Tire Merchandising, Sourcing and Marketing (MSM) Technology Delivery department you will be part of a Solution Delivery Team responsible for managing and delivering MSM technology projects.
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively with the business to deliver business priorities and value. Understand the business needs and processes to provide support and advice.
- Accountable for overall delivery of MSM projects, with the specified level of quality for the project sponsor, on time and within budget. Apply Agile (Scrum Master), System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and project management methodologies in a flexible and practical manner in various situations. Follow the CTC PMO funding lifecycle.
- Manage scope, schedule and cost priorities between stakeholder groups and within the project team. Lead Sprint Planning sessions and other Agile ceremonies to ensure each Sprint is efficient and effective. Build a strong working relationship with the business Product Owner and support the governance process.
- Look for opportunities for project delivery improvements, both with tools and with processes. Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools and technologies
- Drive the decision-making process, be proactive in taking the initiative and the lead for identifying, analyzing and resolving issues. Come with a “Figure It Out” approach.
Who you are
We are looking for high performing individuals who are:
- Agile and innovative individuals, who are able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Creative thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building, launching and managing projects/programs that drive results for our customers
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then Canadian Tire is definitely the place to be.
What you’ve done
- Demonstrated project management competencies: budget and timeline management, scope management, risk management, issues management, timely decision making, effective team building, ability to prioritize and delegate appropriately and deal with changing priorities
- Excellent people management skills; experience working with and managing teams
- Executive presence, strong presentation and facilitation skills
- 5 years of experience managing medium to large sized ($1M-$10M) Agile, complex projects from initiation to implementation using a disciplined approach to project management.
- University degree or equivalent
- Experience in the Retail, Wholesale, or Consumer Packaged Goods Industry (nice-to-have)
- Experience with Big Data/Decision/Analytic Systems (nice-to-have)
- PMP, CSM (nice-to-have)
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart cannot be beat.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire Family of Companies follow us on LinkedIn.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Check
Please note that availability and willingness to occasionally work outside of regular office hours, including weeknights and weekends, is required for this role.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Feb 2, 2018, 8:32:31 PM