Overview & Responsibilities
Rackspace is seeking a Platform Architect (Containers) in a REMOTE full time Work From Home position.
- Responsible for the design and support of OpenStack Private Cloud platforms.
- Is an ambassador for RPC through their attendance in OpenStack conventions, conferences, meetups, etc.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer within the RPC organization.
- Effective communicator at all levels from technical through to non-technical directors.
- Displays a basic level of business acumen with an eagerness to fully understand a customer’s strategic and non-technical needs.
- Deploys, maintains, and upgrades the customer’s OpenStack infrastructure ensuring a smooth operational experience for their assigned base.
- Responds to support requests and co-ordinates Rackspace/Customer support teams where appropriate within both tickets and phones.
- Serves as an on-call emergency escalation support resource 24/7.
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer solutions (to include Runbooks, Network diagrams, and Environment diagrams).
- Identifies opportunities for growth and passes leads to an Account Development Manager or RPC Sales Overlay.
- Assist Product team with implementation of new features in Rackspace Private Cloud.
- Work closely with sales teams during large scale implementations or non-standard deployments.
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to review solution architecture then puts forward and implements proposals for improvement.
- Supports the Account Development Manager in customer projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, or a related field.
- RHCE level Linux skills with at least 8 years of Sys Admin experience in a production Linux environment.
- 1-2 years of OpenStack experience required.
- RHCA Preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A passion for virtualization technology and open cloud standards.
- Ability to create and maintain customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter, who demonstrates good focus on completion.
- Able to multi-task and remain effective under pressure.
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills, with colleagues and customers.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of TCP/IP, VLAN, Bridging, routing, firewalls, DNS and load balancers.
- Intermediate to Expert working knowledge of hypervisor configuration (KVM, XenServer, etc), Mitaka/Neuton, Nova, Cinder, Glance, Keystone, Swift, Ironic, Storage protocols (NFS, iSCSI, FC), and virtual networking and storage configuration, MySQL, Python, and IP Tables.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker container platforms
- Experience working with OpenStack
- Experience working with Ansible
- Experience integrating monolith/microservices applications with existing systems
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Experience with other cloud providers AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with Terraform
- Development experience
- Have experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements.
- Have a consulting background and are comfortable working directly with customers.
- Willing to travel
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Rackspace is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Already a Racker? Head to our Racker Portal