What you’ll be doing...
When our customers have a major technology incident that impacts their critical applications and services, you’ll be there to take charge and manage the situation. You will be responsible for driving multiple activities to restore services in a way that meets or exceeds customer expectations. Your role will be pivotal to make sure that the incident management process work as planned and that we learn from these situations to continually improve.
- Design, implement and manage the Incident Management process including creating and updating all Incident Management documentation.
- Customer impact: work with customer to understand their business. IN conjunction with the customer, identify the critical applications and services.
- Conducting awareness campaigns and training on the Incident Management process.
- Manage large scale global and enterprise technology incidents.
- Direct activities and establish command and control during incidents.
- Ensure Executive status updates are provided during recovery activities.
- Coordinate and drive all activities during the incident on the incident bridge to meet or exceed customer specifics SLAs.
- Ensure that scenario based escalation lists are established and maintained and implemented as appropriate.
- Oversee post incident reconvene meetings through to root cause, to request teams to engage vendors.
- Ensure that event details are gathered to provide necessary communications to customer and Verizon teams.
- Assist with audit of the Incident Management Process to support Continual Service Improvement.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the areas of: Network, WAN, LAN, Voice, Data Center, and Security OR Applications support.
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification.
- Willingness to be on a rotating schedule and availability to work 11:00am-7:00pm Sunday – Thursday.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience managing large scale technology incidents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Business awareness.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to understand complex business processes and technical environments.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.