Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Enabling merchants and ecosystem partners to sell to 220M+ consumers worldwide is the focus of the Commerce Solutions team. We create end to end experiences for businesses of all sizes. This product manager role is focused on our global shipping and tracking capabilities - a focal point for the global economy and cross-border trade.
Enabling merchants and ecosystem partners to sell to 220M+ consumers worldwide is the focus of the Commerce Solutions team. We create end to end experiences for businesses of all sizes. This product manager role is focused on our global shipping and tracking capabilities – a focal point for the global economy and cross-border trade.
As a Senior Product Manager, the expectations of the role include:
- Customer and market focus. Engage with PayPal customers, partners and colleagues to understand business needs and priorities from both a segment and market perspective. Identify alternative means to extend the product’s global reach through partners and developers.
- Independent thinker. Understand the needs of our customers, internal constituents and develop a practical path to achieving the product’s goals.
- Strong collaborator. Be proactive and engage colleagues across organizational boundaries to clarify the vision and articulate a practical path to make it real.
- Technical competence. Be able to partner with engineering to understand the technical implications of what you are building, propose alternatives, challenge the scalability and reusability.
- Team leadership. Oversee all aspects of the agile team’s deliverables by working iteratively with cross-functional teams across the PayPal product/business organizations, engineering, quality assurance, integration and project management.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.