Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Associate Director of Materials & Biological Science, the associate in this role will drive activities supporting the development and verification of technologies and products throughout the various portfolio stages including Technology Development, New Product Development, and Product Lifecycle Management.
- Participate as Extended Team members in support of technology and product development programs.
- Own and drive material-based work streams including but not limited to manufacturing efficiency, quality improvement, test method development and validation, and material change control.
- Participate in supplier qualification for raw material selection and conduct/coordinate tests on raw materials in order to ensure quality and regulatory compliance.
- Drive activities in investigating and trouble-shooting technical issues and customer complaints.
- Utilize materials science and engineering principles to evaluate material-based product performance for medical device applications.
- Ensure program success by working cross functionally with other R&D teams, Medical Affairs, Manufacturing, Quality, and Regulatory Affairs.
- Effective communicate technical results, critical issues and recommendation to project team and functional manager.
- Participate in intellectual property growth; submit patent applications and Invention Disclosure Records.
- Interact with external partners/ suppliers for scouting new opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Works under minimal direction toward established short term and long range goals.
- Travel as required to conferences, suppliers, and manufacturing sites.
Advance degree in Materials Science & Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or other related engineering field.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
M.S. or Ph.D. : 0 -5 years experience
- Has thorough fundamental knowledge in polymer chemistry/physics and its relation to high volume disposable devices.
- Knowledge of biological science is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong learning agility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills. Comfortable with a complex and matrix team environments.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and willing to take hands on work.
Primary Work Location
USA NJ - Franklin Lakes