TITLE: Customer Engineer Install II
LOCATION: Nashville, TN
(NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning
everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its
software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million
transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and
technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions
that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with
approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
& KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- The Incumbent is responsible for the successful installation
of NCR and/or 3rd party solutions for medium to large sized customers,
including hardware, software and network implementations, while ensuring high
levels of customer satisfaction and quality
- Primary responsibility is deployment of hardware installation
solution in Restaurant and Fast Food environment
- Responsible for leading installation activity at customer
locations to ensure timely and high quality solution; responsible for guiding
and directing on-site installation resources
- Verify site environment meets the requirements during
installation or deployment. Installation of customer POS solution per the
installation plan, certify that the configuration or setup of the product meets
- Secondary responsibility may include preventative maintenance
services or hardware repairs on equipment within an assigned territory and/or
outside of local servicing area.
- Position may include hardware maintenance services, network
management, multi-vendor maintenance and software integration support. This
role may include site preparation, equipment staging, software configuration,
and conversion of hardware solution
- May conduct end-user training and hardware orientation at the
- Position may be required to coordinate activities across
multi-functional teams, including IT, Operations, Sales Support, Customer
Support and Help Desk Support.
- Understand and perform various customer Service Level
Agreement (SLA) requirements and elevate or escalate issues when appropriate
per established procedures
- Analyze and correct technical problems on equipment within
assigned customer accounts; May perform periodic preventive maintenance
routines on products and installs modifications to equipment; Perform
maintenance repair as a matter of routine; May also perform required modular swaps
and unit replacements or perform preventative maintenance services.
- May be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis or establish
his/her own daily schedule based on automated reports; Conducts work at
customer site(s), local NCR offices, or in a virtual environment
- Responsible for reviewing future schedule and planning
his/her travel (airfare – if required, hotel, and rental car) schedule
accordingly and within NCR Travel Policy.
- Responsible for accurate
and prompt reporting of calls and activity, as well as other reporting as
required; Responsible for tracking and reporting all expenses incurred in the
delivery of services, including telephone, private automobile, and/or public
- Technical Certification or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of Retail Hospitality experience desired in
restaurant/fast food Industry.
- A+ Certification, Basic PC Troubleshooting and Electronic
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and Associated
Office Suite Components (Office365, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- General Knowledge of Electrical and Network Components (Cat5e
Ethernet LAN, SNA, Routers, Switches, Ports). Temporary Data/Electrical tasks
and reconfiguration on-site may be required.
- Leadership Skills - Operates as on-site technical Lead for
installation activities and requires coordination with customer’s contractors
(data/electrical, construction and store personnel, 3rd party resources, etc.).
- Must be able to carry tools/parts and ability to navigate
equipment weighing up to 50 Lbs. or more.
- Bending, Squatting, Walking, Standing and/or Sitting for
Prolonged Periods of Time is required.
- Over-night and Rotating Shifts with Travel may be required.
- Associate’s Degree preferred in IT Services or Related Field
- Previous Experience with NCR Point-of-Sale (POS) and Back Office
- Knowledge and Experience with Data Cabling, Network
Switches/Routers and Data Connectivity
- Experience in Retail Hospitality and Fast Food Restaurants
environment highly desired
- Prior Experience with Software Integration/Configuration
- Experience with Customer Support/End-Users, Troubleshooting,
Analysis and/or Resolution.
- Live in the region
- The legal right to work in USA
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Be accessible to complete background
checks, including credit checks, criminal and driving record
into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to
being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly,
recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance, and
encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding
and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not
limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender,
culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing
responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
STATEMENT TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR
preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant
tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for
any fees or charges associated with unsolicited
North America-United States-Tennessee-Nashville