An empathetic sage who will advocate for our users’ most important needs.
Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 200 million users. We are passionate about education, fact-based decision making, and elegant solutions to cross-functional problems; if that sounds like you, then come join us as we build the next-generation learning company!
- Identify and define research opportunities working with product managers, UX designers, internal research scientists, and executive leaders
- Design and carry out foundational and evaluative research projects utilizing mixed methods
- Glean insights that are actionable and valuable to product teams and to company leadership
- Conduct usability studies of new designs and features
- Craft compelling narratives about our users’ needs, attitudes, aspirations, expectations, obstacles, and motivations.
- 4+ years of experience successfully leading user research projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field
- Expertise in a variety of research methods and frameworks, such as ethnographies, contextual inquiries, diary studies, personas, user journeys, card sorting, surveys, and usability studies
- A knack for getting to the heart of the matter, tellings stories and being convincing--making the opaque feel obvious in hindsight
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Advanced degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field
- Experience thriving in a startup environment
- Knowledge of SQL